Da Trip to Smokey Mountain Raptor Run (aka Million Dollar Run) 21 – 23 Mar 14

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, have you ever been took a 7 hour ride in a Raptor with a dizzie blond, hence my passenger’s name “Dizzie”? Well, I have, and let’s just say she was so excited that she had more questions than a bunch of snot nose kids in a back seat of a station wagon. You know questions like, how long is it going to take to get there? Are we there? Are we really going to stay in a Cabin with strangers? Do you know these people that we are staying with? OMG, it was only 30 minutes into the ride & I was ready to end my life. (& I’m not joking either)
Go Cart.jpg
Let’s skip the boring parts of the trip, but half way there I was really ready to jump out of my “Street Queen” Raptor in Chattanooga and just end it, but my BAD luck continue , the traffic was at a standstill so nobody was willing to run me over. It took us well over an hour to get through night mare of a traffic jam. We finally got rolling again and made it to Calhoun’s in Pigeon Forge, TN (BTW – the food & service was great). I finally got to meet some of my fellow FRF’ers, Witchy, Orange, Freshness, JRock, Chris & Chris, and so on…. It was great to place faces with their FRF usernames. You could tell everyone was excited and ready to get this run started. We ate, and headed across the street to do the Go-Cart thing. Wouldn’t you know it, they put the 250 lb full-figured old ass in the last cart and slowest one at that. See PIC if you don’t believe me. The damn thing was so small I couldn’t even keep my left foot from sticking out of front of the Smurf mobile. Hell with the brakes, just floor it and just hope nobody stops in front of me.

Now we finally headed to the cabin, and this time Dizzie gets to drive, since I have partaken in the adult beverages (not because I can’t see worth shit at night – hence blind) and now I get to bug her, but no, no it doesn’t work like that. Here she goes again, where are we going? When will be there? I’m buzzing & really don’t give a shit, but I’m laughing (but holding on for dear life) & saying Baby, will you just follow the Raptors in front of you and we’ll be there soon. (Geez) So we finally arrived at the cabin get unloaded and Witchy tells us we the upstairs room & we should love the décor’. So, we headed to the loft and HOLY MOLEY, this room must have been the honey moon suite from the 1960’s. I was shocked; I couldn’t even take a pic of the place… Anyhow, we went down stairs to meet our roomies, and we were sitting there, when someone points out the paintings on the wall of the former, now deceased past owners. It was something out of one of those 1960’s mystery who done it shows. Some of you might recall seeing or hearing about Iron side, or Scooby-Do. I shined my flashlight on those damn paintings, and I swear their eyes started to follow me around the room; I think they were pissed that I shined the lights in their eyes. So, I did my best to ignore their eyes and proceeded with drinking more and negotiating with Freshness on what my room should consist of when I move into his basement when I turn 70 yrs, and then proceeded to my romantic loft with Dizzie, with the hair on back of my neck standing up. Knowing I wouldn’t sleep worth a crap.

Next morning we heard Drill Sergeant barking orders it time to get ready to go at 0600L. Let’s just say this Drill Sergeant was very organized & detail orient, and when I asked her if she spent any time in the Marines, she said NO! Well if she did Gomer Pyle would have kissed her ass. (BTW – her and Orange did an awesome job with organizing this run & I really appreciated all they did to organize it). Well, we finally got on the road to Windrock Off-Road Park, Oliver Springs, TN. We met up with 9 more Raptor owners; hence the name “Million Dollar Raptor Run” our fellow Kentuckians came up with (10 x $50K). We headed out to trail 22, which was prettied technical, especially for my Street Queen Raptor, which was quickly renamed by Dizzie to be the “Street *****”, since Big Iron was now officially dirty, muddy and pin striped (other words USED & put away wet). We rode through rocks (not that bad), muddy waters and gravel roads. Ole Big Iron proved it could handle about anything we went through. We watched Freshness rip off his ICON right rear shock with his bare hands. Slacker lose his rear bumper in a mud hole and his wife’s iPhone taking on another scenic route on someone else’s ATV, but all was recovered. ChrisFreedom Motors burn up a Power Steering pump (that was a bomber for sure). Freshness Shock was welded back on by UPSscrazy8’s brother, in time to see him get stuck in a mud hole on the Flats, whom was rescued by Slacker and BlocDoc.
Windrock Street Queen.jpg
Street *****.jpg
Shocking.jpg
Mudhole with Photo Bomber.jpg
Thanks to Bloc, I got to partake in some good ole Kentucky Bourbon and a fine Cigar, and I believe it was Caisaacson who brought the Shine, but I just don’t recall how much I consumed. From there, we all went to a late dinner at some place, and then we all headed back to our lodging facilities. I wished I would have gotten some PICs of the beautiful cabin and especially its interior décor, especially the room with pictures of ***** on the wall, and the loft Dizzie and I stayed in had a stuffed ****. (AW! I know WTF you all were thinking! Come on, do you really think someone in Tennessee would put Pictures of ***** on their wall…. Geesh).
Lined up at the FLATS.jpg
Profile line up at the FLATS.jpg
Dizzie & I didn’t stick around for the Tail of Dragon run on Sunday, but we had breakfast with our fellow FRF’ers and then headed home. According to my Lie of Meter, we traveled 940 miles during event and spent approximately $240 for fuel. In all, it was worth every penny, every minute I got to spend with my fellow FRF’ers. A Great Time with Great Folks. (for some reason I still feeling someone is watching me…, kinda spooky).

Attachments

• IMG_88054591050360.jpg
    IMG_88054591050360.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 83
  • Fresh stuck in mudhole.jpg
    Fresh stuck in mudhole.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 88

Witchy

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Nates brother brought the shine and Nate broke the bumper. Coincidence.......possibly.

Me a DI never