D2 out after only 3 weeks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BobbyVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well one of my d2s went out last night...took a look at it and there is some water condensation inside the light housing....checked the other ones and they looked/worked fine..the other Amber light that's connected to the same switch is still working.

Anyone else run into this problem? Didn't expect this from Rigid. Pretty disappointed View attachment 45279

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
y5anepyq.jpg

Last edited:

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It seems to be a problem Rigid has not solved yet. Frankly, I have never seen them comment on this issue but I could have missed it. Now, that being said they will replace with no questions asked if your still in the warranty period. I have purchased seven different lights from them and had only one do this. It seems if it's going to happen it happens within a few months of install. It's a pain but until Rigid address this publicily it will only hurt their sales. I really like their product but this could really impact their sales.

OP
OP
BobbyVA

BobbyVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it's definitely disappointing only had them for 3 weeks.. I emailed James from alternative off road last night...I'm sure he will take care of if.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JRaptor11

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll be getting my first set of flush mount Rigids on monday for my rear bumper. I'm a VisionX guy and if VisionX had something similar to the flush mount duallys I would of stuck with VisionX. I hope I dont run into this issue that you ran into Bobby. James from Alternative Offroad is a great guy and should be able to figure something out.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Mine sat in water for 5 hours and they didn't get water in them. Makes me wonder if there's an assembly issue somewhere.

justcozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a set of D2 fogs. I have a wide and driving beam on each side of the truck. Both or the wides leaked while the driving beam lights next to each are bone dry and working like a champ.

I called Rigid to ask what was up and within an hour I had a RMA code and shipping info to get them fixed. It appears to be nothing more than a QA problem since the other beam pattern light an inch away didn't have the issue. I sent mine off and am hoping they come back dry and working soon.

Az Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So much for American quality. Maybe no one should buy Rigid lights, because there are some that are defective.

Slacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am waiting on my returned light (amber flood) right now. Should be here tomorrow. I definitely did not expect this from Rigid but they are making it right. Turnaround ins't free though, you have to pay to ship them the light. It would be better if the lights didn't leak in the first place.

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So much for American quality. Maybe no one should buy Rigid lights, because there are some that are defective.

That is a bit unfair. These things happen to all companies at one time or another. The question is..........why won't Rigid discuss how they plan to fix problem or if they have already fixed the issue. They are quick to replace the defect but tell their customers what they plan to do to "fix" the problem would go a long way in improving customer relations. I am sure it is a quality issue and could be as simple as rubber seal breaking down sealant failing etc. Keep in mind much of the product is purchased from another company. So, the rubber could be inferior etc. What bothers me is Rigid remaing moot on the subject.