D-Day finally nears......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Winner winner, chicken dinner. Throw me the keys, I wanna hear what redline sounds like in every gear

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's no way, a few years ago my dad was helping out a colleague sell a pristine 959 w/ 5k miles on the clock in Germany and the starting price was 1,200,000. My guess is this one is also in the 7 figure range
I had an opportunity to purchase one in 2005 for high $400’s, was too rich for my wallet, wish I had scrapped together the money...ended up buying this final year of the air cooled production, 186 world wide and it was a bargain compared to the 959...this is a 1997 993 Turbo S. First picture is the delivery.

16E69887-5727-496B-BD5D-8F3C2335C003.jpeg

2929C68C-AA08-4E3C-82EB-50E07386E390.jpeg

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have had a 914 project car in my family since my brother paid my uncle $500 in 1990 when he was 13. My dad did a good bit of welding to stitch two ugly cars around a good solid tub that had front and rear damage. I did some rustproofing and undercoating around the seams and then kindly asked my dad to take it back to Project ranch (his house). I just had no passion for the thing

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The world is a funny place! Many a friend that have contracting businesses or other would use their personal company car, Porsche, MB G Wagon etc. and customers hated it. I`m sure you all have all heard the same story.
But when they roll up in a GMC 2500HD Denali Diesel or equivalent that cost way more not a word is spoken

People are idiots..........and then they are allowed to vote!

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ahhhhh the old Prosperity Ministry conundrum. Sad to say the least. I have several very close friends who are Pastors. The judgement and scrutiny they endure is crazy. Ya gotta be poor to be a Pastor??? They put in way more hours than 98% of the population. Of course Kingdom work is the grandest and most rewarding work of all. But it doesn't mean you can not enjoy other rewards "here". Recreation is not just for the "secular".

Anyway, off my soapbox. Glad you can enjoy your Raptor without getting "judged" too harshly.

Sam

Thanks Sam.
I'm blessed beyond all proportions. I've owned a bunch of VWs of all types but only a few old Porsches.
Fun to work on and a joy to get my mind on other things.
These days I just restore Vespas - no one gets upset about that.

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know when I used to tow to the drag boat races and you backed down the ramp someone would always have to say
‘You tow like a hoe” followed by chrome don’t get you home from the bikers and the wife’s would always comment on how
“ it`s so quiet or it doesn’t smoke or stink”

‘Then came the 5th wheel trailer and sitting up high and pretty, sure that was ok because everyone looked. Wife, truck, boat, who knows they were all expensive as you know.

I do not follow Porsche racing a lot, I know I’m bad especially since I cut my teeth on air cooled engines.
My pain management doctor. Dr. Richard Winne out of Morristown is into racing, I believe he has a cup car and is involved with writing for a site? And also a Licensed driving instructor from what I have gathered. I. Just wondering if his name rings a bell with you?

Safe travels and towing

It does not. Where does he primarily race out of?

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Sam.
I'm blessed beyond all proportions. I've owned a bunch of VWs of all types but only a few old Porsches.

You know, I've been thinking. With your line of work, you really need to sell that object of covetness and greed and get you a half rusted out, 92' Chevy Colorado. Capeche?

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Sam.

Vespas are great cheap fun!