Cylinder head/Cam kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No graphs of these cams in action as they were just produced, I have graphs of the heads in action with oem/livernois cams.

View attachment 154135

View attachment 154136

So no direct comparison of the head work before after?

Not to sound like a total **** but this whole thread screams of scam. Unknown person who is not a site vendor posting questionable dyno charts, minimal photos, no video. Buyer beware. Don't send this guy any money based on what is in this thread so far.

I hope that I am just being paranoid, I would love to see some more options for this truck.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cody Dawson

Cody Dawson

Perfect Circle Engines
Reaction score
So no direct comparison of the head work before after?

Not to sound like a total **** but this whole thread screams of scam. Unknown person who is not a site vendor posting questionable dyno charts, minimal photos, no video. Buyer beware. Don't send this guy any money based on what is in this thread so far.

I hope that I am just being paranoid, I would love to see some more options for this truck.

If you did some research before sounding off your ignorance, I stated I had a previous thread showcasing two of the builds I’ve done this past year.
https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/performance-build-in-process.71748/

Now, I’m not scamming anyone, you are the first to accuse me of this and I don’t appreciate it. If you’d like to check out my Instagram handle, Instagram.com/cdaws0n, there’s plenty of credibility there to see and even VIDEOS if you’d like to see the truck on the dyno. Anyone who has reached out to me has received a legitimate estimate through QuickBooks and I’ve asked no one to send me money in a non-official way.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for that link. I have been following that build, it's nicely done and I am aware you are the same person. Flying off the handle and calling someone ignorant is no way to create trust when someone calls you out.

Your not posting things publicly, your forcing people to get info via PM which is shady. How can you call someone ignorant, then make the argument they are ignorant due to something sent in a private message and information on a site like Instagram? They are in no way related to the public forum. Not everyone follows you on Instagram, it's very arrogant for you to assume anyone does. If you study your demographics a bit you will find that most of your forum audience does not follow Instagram. Calling someone ignorant when you are not providing information is very unprofessional, and you are clearly trying to sell something.

You are pushing a spring and retainer kit with titanium keepers but you haven't done anything to identify the need for the exotic components. Generally titanium components are used in high revving engines to reduce mass, they seem totally unnecessary on a raptor, the engine is pretty well done by 6500. Why are you opting to use these? They are much shorter lifespan than steel would be. That's a very expensive option (not an option in your kit) which raises an eyebrow, from my perspective it looks like your forcing them down the consumers throat. You know that the average person is going to say oh look, its titanium and expensive it must be better. They are unaware that they are looking at 50k mile lifespan... maybe.

You have posted in threads about dropping valves that this kit will solve this problem, how can you in good conscience recommend titanium keepers on a daily driver? Your selling people a product they do not need, and is not going to last as long as stock parts, that is predatory.

If you take the time to educate your customers on the benefits of titanium vs tool steel and the drawbacks of each 99% will choose the cheaper steel part, its going to outlast titanium ten fold. But again nothing in your posts shows me you are at all concerned about your customers education nor saving them money.

When asked for a dyno graph comparison you posted a dyno that showed Livernois cams vs stock cams using your heads and package, which has nothing do to with the package your producing. The numbers look great, but they don't have a thing to do with your product, your combo is completely different from most. I asked for before and after, to see the change in the shape of the curve. I was pretty specific about it. This looks like some sleight of hand bs to me. All you had to say was "I don't have that info", that would have been honest.

Your on a site which is funded by vendors, your skirting the vendor policies, and that is shady. It's not a good way to treat the community, or the vendors.

I never said you don't have the skills, I said buyer beware. Show a little transparency and maybe you won't have people trying to look over your shoulder.

How about some more info. And stop making personal attacks, be a professional.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cody Dawson

Cody Dawson

Perfect Circle Engines
Reaction score
Thanks for that link. I have been following that build, it's nicely done and I am aware you are the same person. Flying off the handle and calling someone ignorant is no way to create trust when someone calls you out.

Your not posting things publicly, your forcing people to get info via PM which is shady. How can you call someone ignorant, then make the argument they are ignorant due to something sent in a private message and information on a site like Instagram? They are in no way related to the public forum. Not everyone follows you on Instagram, it's very arrogant for you to assume anyone does. If you study your demographics a bit you will find that most of your forum audience does not follow Instagram. Calling someone ignorant when you are not providing information is very unprofessional, and you are clearly trying to sell something.

You are pushing a spring and retainer kit with titanium keepers but you haven't done anything to identify the need for the exotic components. Generally titanium components are used in high revving engines to reduce mass, they seem totally unnecessary on a raptor, the engine is pretty well done by 6500. Why are you opting to use these? They are much shorter lifespan than steel would be. That's a very expensive option (not an option in your kit) which raises an eyebrow, from my perspective it looks like your forcing them down the consumers throat. You know that the average person is going to say oh look, its titanium and expensive it must be better. They are unaware that they are looking at 50k mile lifespan... maybe.

You have posted in threads about dropping valves that this kit will solve this problem, how can you in good conscience recommend titanium keepers on a daily driver? Your selling people a product they do not need, and is not going to last as long as stock parts, that is predatory.

If you take the time to educate your customers on the benefits of titanium vs tool steel and the drawbacks of each 99% will choose the cheaper steel part, its going to outlast titanium ten fold. But again nothing in your posts shows me you are at all concerned about your customers education nor saving them money.

When asked for a dyno graph comparison you posted a dyno that showed Livernois cams vs stock cams using your heads and package, which has nothing do to with the package your producing. The numbers look great, but they don't have a thing to do with your product, your combo is completely different from most. I asked for before and after, to see the change in the shape of the curve. I was pretty specific about it. This looks like some sleight of hand bs to me. All you had to say was "I don't have that info", that would have been honest.

Your on a site which is funded by vendors, your skirting the vendor policies, and that is shady. It's not a good way to treat the community, or the vendors.

I never said you don't have the skills, I said buyer beware. Show a little transparency and maybe you won't have people trying to look over your shoulder.

How about some more info. And stop making personal attacks, be a professional.
If you feel attacked by that statement, there’s nothing I else I can say to you.

As for anyone with questions I’d be happy to answer any, and I wasn’t aware of any vendor requirements and would happily solve any issues.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wasn’t aware of any vendor requirements

Wait, I'm the ignorant one? Do you really think it's ok to come on a forum, as a shop and advertise your kits without even considering the forum? Do you think these things are free to run? Looking at your posting history: every post you have on this forum is related to your kits, your build and references those threads. You have done nothing to help anyone, not popped into threads to offer tech advice. Your only existence on this site has been to push your product.

I did ask questions.

What is the benefit of titanium components?

Where is the before and after dyno?

And one more. What is the life expectancy of this kit?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cody Dawson

Cody Dawson

Perfect Circle Engines
Reaction score
1. Benefit of titanium retainers is simply in reduction of weight which increases spring life and reduces wear on the valve, valve seat, and valve guide.

2. Both engines were blown up before building them and I didn’t have any dyno graphs. The main point of my engine program is to gain reliability at higher boost/power levels. I can easily have my guys back me up on this.

3. Life expectancy is for the life of the engine, the high grade titanium outperforms most tool steel retainers. I use the same material retainers on my import engines that see over 9,500rpm on the street/track.

Sidenote: The technology and practices that go into these heads are backed up by years of experience in many forms of racing. These same practices are used in the shop racecar that sees 11,500 rpm and makes 1,500whp with 2.0L and 75lb of boost. If my valvetrain tech survives the B series Honda, it will work for virtually anything.

dirtsnow

Reaction score
BEN, I was Cody's first raptor 6.2 customer. This post has nothing to do with the cam kit he's working on (although I wish I had it at this point but it wasn't in my budget at the time of the build) and more of a letter of character. Cody found me on here after I posted about my engine going down. I was skeptical of sending my engine all the way to Virginia from Grand Junction, Colorado to be worked on, especially having never met Cody. After making the decision to have him do the work, and dealing with him through the process, I can say he has given me the best customer service I have ever experienced with anything. He is very responsive (we still text all the time), his work was top notch and professional, and he did exactly what he said he was going to do for the price he gave me. I couldn't ask for any more from him, he was just plain awesome. To this day I sill have not met Cody in person, but we've talked so much I consider him a friend at this point. NO ONE ON HERE SHOULD BE CONCERNED ABOUT CODY SCAMMING YOU. HE IS HONEST TO A FAULT, and the work he does would make a lot of other engine builders look unprofessional. The planning he did with me for my build was above and beyond what I expected. We both learned a lot together which will make for even better experiences for anyone in the future that has Cody do work for them on the 6.2 platform.

I'll admit I had some struggles with my engine on the tuning side (11:1 compression and crappy Colorado gas is a tough situation). But with a good tuner, and proper spark plug advice, I'm so happy with my truck now. Cody helped me even with the tuning stuff by talking to other people for me and getting all the information he could.... seriously, he went ABOVE and BEYOND! The drivability of my truck is great, the low end torque is awesome, I'm getting almost 2 mpg better than I did before and the truck makes great power for a S/C truck at high elevations.

I understand Cody may not have the documentation you're looking for at the moment, but just wait.... It'll be there soon. This guy knows engines, how to make power, and how to make customers happy based on listening to what THEY WANT. I'll happily talk to anyone on here to back up what I'm saying. BEN, it looks like you live in Colorado also. Any time you are down on the western Slope, hit me up and we can take Cody's work for a drive.

IMG_20201108_143748445.jpg