Cylinder 8 misfire engine light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BRAPPPP

BRAPPPP

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Replaced the wire from PCM to coil pack and injector and it fixed the misfire !

---------- Post added at 09:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

It was most likely the injector but we did the coil pack wire too just to be safe

---------- Post added at 09:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

I wasn't super impressed with Fords wire job though...
I could have just had the connectors replaced but we played it safe and replace the wire all the way to the PCM

d4ccbf3f8884218204534bcb80a33986.jpg
540186889e0b9ad54c321e7ae3f8297a.jpg
5be8db14962b73f4d6fe1daa2c0e61f9.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

Any update?

^^^^

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am so glad that you got it straighten out.

Really agree with you about that wiring job, I guess you could ask how much the whole plug and wiring harness cost?
I know there are companies out there that do whole vehicle harnesses for have the price of a OEM set.

I'm going to put some pictures up for you, so you can see how easy it is to pull those plugs apart at the PCM.
You do need to take care when inserting the white face plate back over all the female Molex pins!!!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
BRAPPPP

BRAPPPP

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah they could have tucked the wires away or attached them to the conduit at least. Idk it's getting the job done and I doubt I'll have problems with it just not the most aesthically pleasing. I think I'll just tape it up for now

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I fully understand, not being able to drive the Raptor for weeks on end is a sad place to be.
I was without mine for almost two months last year after the accident.
So I know how it feels.

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you were able to resolve the problem. I learned a lot from this thread...

R,
HAP

OP
OP
BRAPPPP

BRAPPPP

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Glad you were able to resolve the problem. I learned a lot from this thread...

R,
HAP
Yeah I'm glad and I hope it lasts. I learned a lot too. If I had the knowledge previously that I do now this would have been resolved much quicker !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk