Cylinder 8 misfire engine light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BRAPPPP

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey I installed a roush supercharger and I am getting a cylinder 8 misfire code. The truck misfires when it is under load about 60% throttle id say. It doesn't misfire at Idle or light cruise. I replace coil pack, spark plugs, and all the wires look in good shape. Everyone I've talked to said it is highly unlikely an injector issue. Any ideas? I reflashed the tune also and that didn't help. I installed the kit maybe 2 months ago.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You could swap around #8 and #6 or #7injectors , see if the misfire follows.

I forget the firing order on the 6.2L
I think it's 1234 passenger side and 5678 on drivers side.

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't, you would run the risk of damaging the cylinder wall because of no fuel to wet the wall or rings.

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's a little rare for an injector to fail. I would double and triple check the wire harnesses again. Check, clean the cam phaser plugs.

OP
OP
BRAPPPP

BRAPPPP

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's a little rare for an injector to fail. I would double and triple check the wire harnesses again. Check, clean the cam phaser plugs.

Yeah i took it to Ford and they said all the wire harnesses looked good. The coil pack was cracked at the top where it connects so they replaced that. But they didnt replace the plug that goes to the coil pack because they said it looked fine.... They did replace the plug that goes from the coil pack to the spark plug though, even though it looked fine just to be safe...

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you try and swap two spark plug wires?
Other then that you have no choice but to bring it back to dealer.

Last edited: