CVFAB intercooler fan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JustRaptor1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After replacing the Intercooler to the CVFAB the fan doesn’t fit unless you remove shrub. I removed but after a few thousand miles a piece of the fan broke.

before I order a new stock one, is anyone using aftermarket fans behind intercooler, or if you’re using the set up how are you mounting the fan so it prevents it from rattling.

lateralis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is this "shrub" you speak off?

I just installed this IC about a week or so ago and the only thing I had to remove was the shroud extension piece from the shutters in front of the IC to get it in. I didn't have to modify anything with the fan assembly itself and it fits like normal. To fill the gaps though I used aluminum foil tape to "replace" the shutter shroud extension piece.

Are the rubber grommets not lined up correctly for the fan assembly? It shouldn't move around enough to hit the hard lines just behind it.

OP
OP
J

JustRaptor1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was fine for a while something must have moved it, but now a piece of the plastic on the fan broke.

Before I ordered a new fan I wanted to know what people did, because somehow it moved, originally I did the same thing you did just didn’t put tape, it fit snug behind it, but I did not use anything to secure it.

I wanted to see how others did it.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Don't order a new fan as owners here who have installed a FMIC are throwing them away. Just post in the WTB section and ask.

BTW .. you must have installed the fan incorrectly as this is the 1st post from anyone that has issues with the fan and in combo with the CVF IC.

The fan can only go back one way.

Last edited:

lateralis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There should be no extra things you need to "secure" the fan assembly. There are 2 rubber grommets at the top of the fan assembly that have associated guide holes just like the IC itself. The only thing I can think of is that you didn't get them in the holes when you re-installed everything if it flopped around enough to break the fans.

How did you find out the fans were busted in the 1st place? Did the truck give you an alert?

OP
OP
J

JustRaptor1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There should be no extra things you need to "secure" the fan assembly. There are 2 rubber grommets at the top of the fan assembly that have associated guide holes just like the IC itself. The only thing I can think of is that you didn't get them in the holes when you re-installed everything if it flopped around enough to break the fans.

How did you find out the fans were busted in the 1st place? Did the truck give you an alert?
I am hearing a loud vibrating noise only from Outside the truck, and pulled it down and saw it was the fans making the noise.

the back piece of the right fan broke so now I tbink I have to order a new one not sure how to get the noise to stop.

or should I just try to place it in better ?

OP
OP
J

JustRaptor1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't order a new fan as owners here who have installed a FMIC are throwing them away. Just post in the WTB section and ask.

BTW .. you must have installed the fan incorrectly as this is the 1st post from anyone that has issues with the fan and in combo with the CVF IC.

The fan can only go back one way.

people with the CVFAB are totally removing the fan ? Never heard that

lateralis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am hearing a loud vibrating noise only from Outside the truck, and pulled it down and saw it was the fans making the noise.

the back piece of the right fan broke so now I tbink I have to order a new one not sure how to get the noise to stop.

or should I just try to place it in better ?

So the fan can only really be positioned one way when you get it in there. The Hard line pipes should be in between the 2 fan motor housings. I think those lines are for power steering? So if you got something hitting around there which is the only thing I can think of with no pictures you definitely need to drop the crossbeam down and reposition it as it should not be hitting anything when installed.

I can't honestly tell you if you need to replace anything or not without seeing it. If you snapped a blade from the fan it is definitely screwed but other than that I couldn't tell you.

Also does your fan assembly still have all the rubber feet? Should be 2 up top and 2 on the bottom.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Read my post. I said guys who are installing FMIC (front mounted intercooler which means the IC now sits in front of the radiator) don't need their oem fans.

this is a FMIC which no longer uses the oem fan

Gen_2_Raptor_Intercooler_4_1800x1800.jpg

people with the CVFAB are totally removing the fan ? Never heard that

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

JustRaptor1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the fan can only really be positioned one way when you get it in there. The Hard line pipes should be in between the 2 fan motor housings. I think those lines are for power steering? So if you got something hitting around there which is the only thing I can think of with no pictures you definitely need to drop the crossbeam down and reposition it as it should not be hitting anything when installed.

I can't honestly tell you if you need to replace anything or not without seeing it. If you snapped a blade from the fan it is definitely screwed but other than that I couldn't tell you.

Also does your fan assembly still have all the rubber feet? Should be 2 up top and 2 on the bottom.
Thanks ya I think it’s messed up because it has three pieces holding it’s motor and one broke off so that’s the issue, unless I can rig it in place I’m going to have to buy a new fan