CVF Titan v2 Intercooler tested

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rcadd1ct

Reaction score
Just happened to notice this thread. With the v2 on a 2017 do I lose any stock function?

shutters? Adaptive cruise?

thanks.

BBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score

ruey220

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just ordered the CVF titan v2 intercooler today and ordered the hot and cold piping with it and they gave me a free set of the tubing for ordering the intercooler. Must be a promo of some sort, since it was refunded.

can't wait to get this installed.

ruey220

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I I saw CAC of 156 today idling. ( towing a boat in 118) still no IC fans running. I’m starting to think something is wrong…

It’s worth saying the Titan cool things down fast under boost.
Based on reading everyone's comment about the IC fans never been observed working with the cvf titan v2 I'm assuming the fans were only placed there to compensate a cheap poor performing stock design intercooler.

I installed my titan v2 today and left the fans out simply because I believe the benefit of having them in their would be such a rare case since they would only be useful in cases where you're going under 20mph and going full boost for a long constant. Winds at the front at over 30mph would be better than any stock fan can produce anyway.

It also doesn't make sense to drive extra weight around and if anything these fans being off would probably obstruct wind coming out of the intercooler.

If aftermarket setups producing 600whp dont use aux fans i dont see why we should. Dont be fooled that you need them on a proper setup just bec ford put them there to compensate the crappy stock ic. These ic are probably the same on all their other ecoboost and since the raptor was sold to be performance focused, they didn't want major press noting the power is only good for 2 runs before heat soak makes the truck have as much power as lower based models. The fan maybe was meant to cool down the ic before the test driver made it back down for another sprint.

ruey220

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you install the upgraded hot and cold pipes as well? Wondering if that’s worth the investment
I received the pipes with my cvf titan v2 but only installed the cold side for now.

The work to reach the turbos in the back would've taken a bit longer for me so I will have the shop do those.

The cold side was easy to install just takes some effort removing the stock one and positioning it for connection but I feel it cleans up the engine bay a bit better.

I also got the turbosmart supersonic bov so it's a lot more clean under there now, since the factory recirculation setup is bulky and all plastic.

UroGator

Reaction score
Yes, the intercooler fans were re-installed and yes I did notice that they seem to not turn on in idle. Not sure when they actually do start working. Is it when the charge air is too hot?
Did you have to remove the front bumper to install the V2? Or can you install just by removing the skid plate?

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
S
I received the pipes with my cvf titan v2 but only installed the cold side for now.

The work to reach the turbos in the back would've taken a bit longer for me so I will have the shop do those.

The cold side was easy to install just takes some effort removing the stock one and positioning it for connection but I feel it cleans up the engine bay a bit better.

I also got the turbosmart supersonic bov so it's a lot more clean under there now, since the factory recirculation setup is bulky and all plastic.
Correct me if I’m wrong but what do you gain from piping a conductive metal pipe to the manifold intake. Wouldn't it be better just to leave the plastic in place as it is an insulator? My thoughts being it reheats inside the hot engine bay in the seconds after being cooled .

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
S

Correct me if I’m wrong but what do you gain from piping a conductive metal pipe to the manifold intake. Wouldn't it be better just to leave the plastic in place as it is an insulator? My thoughts being it reheats inside the hot engine bay in the seconds after being cooled .
In terms of thermal conductivity you are dead on. Not sure if the new pipes are larger?

ruey220

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
S

I'm not a scientist but the length of the pipe and the diameter of the pipe and the speed of which the air passes is it enough that the temp will increase noticably? It's like a water pipe that's surrounded by freezing temp will the hot water get cold? I have no idea. Supposedly the coating on the pipe should help also. Compared to other cars i own the raptor under hood temps are much cooler since the manifolds are tucked away and the turbos are closer to airflow from below the truck.

I did note the diameter is much larger than the stock pipes and less bottleneck. 20221110_190814.jpg