CVF Titan v2 Intercooler tested

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've thought about doing this but I live in an area that is know for strawberries because of our cool weather year round. Doubt I would see a huge benefit. Low 56/High 72
I’m sure you would tuned. Stock maybe so as well.

OP
OP
weaponsfree

weaponsfree

Reaction score
Just installed mine . I can definitely feel a difference. Did you put the fans back on? I did but I have yet to see them turn on. I have seen idling temps of 145 and still no fans. The IC definitely cools well under boost . I wonder if I even need the fans since they don’t turn on now. Does anyone know when they are set to kick on? If they are no longer kicking on seems like an airflow restriction.

Yes, the intercooler fans were re-installed and yes I did notice that they seem to not turn on in idle. Not sure when they actually do start working. Is it when the charge air is too hot?

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
I’m sure you would tuned. Stock maybe so as well.
I am running a Stage 1 GooseTune and I've looked at my temps. Never get really high for my daily commute. I would see a benefit out on the trail or while towing our travel trailer. I guess I'm just done dumping cash into this thing.

skidmarcx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was 109 here today and I noticed my CAC temp hit 159 under normal street driving conditions, I may put this upgrade before others to see what gains could be had

skidmarcx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious to know if you fans are kicking on with CAC of 159
I honestly didn’t know there were fans on the CAC until reading on these forums, I will be looking into it though, the temps hovered around 135-140 for the most part, but after being stopped at several lights I noticed the elevated temp

TJsRaptor

Reaction score
I honestly didn’t know there were fans on the CAC until reading on these forums, I will be looking into it though, the temps hovered around 135-140 for the most part, but after being stopped at several lights I noticed the elevated temp
You can peek at them from the side of the skid plate under the truck.

skidmarcx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can peek at them from the side of the skid plate under the truck.
Checked this morning on the way to work, ambient temp was maybe 90 degrees at most, CAC temp hit 150 by the time I parked, fans ARE working, geez I really need to consider this upgrade

OP
OP
weaponsfree

weaponsfree

Reaction score
Checked this morning on the way to work, ambient temp was maybe 90 degrees at most, CAC temp hit 150 by the time I parked, fans ARE working, geez I really need to consider this upgrade
You and I live in warmer climates. It's a no brainer to cool down things whenever you can. I'm running without a tune just the titan v2 and the truck doesn't feel bogged down by heat soak anymore.