GEN 2 CVF Titan v2 IC install and AGS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stanstyle

Reaction score
I will be installing the CVFab Titan V2 IC in a few days. Currently running through the instructions to make sure I have everything needed for the install. Looks like it’s a fairly simple install.
For the AGS (shutters) I am seeing “just trim” “just remove some blades” and on CVF website. “Remove the shutters”.

I am looking at removing the shutters completely. Is this the common process? I understand the reason for the shutters as well as the cons of the shutters. Just looking for info from those who have removed them.

Also it looking like you have to pull that grille off to remove?

peavey02

Reaction score
I have the wagner IC and I haven't had any shutters in for over three years now. I haven't had any issues.

Yes, you have to remove the grill to get to the shutters. If you want to remove the IC shutters, I just pulled the plastic bumper off the front.

Removing the front grill is pretty simple. I would get a trim removal tool and a long extension for the bottom bolts.

and be careful with the IC fans. The plastic is really brittle.

Last edited:

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So theres two plastic trims in front of the stock h/e
Theres one thats clipped in and removable no issue.
Then theres one molded around the shutters, that one you can trim back to make it fit without removing the shutters or assembly. I raised the h/e above until it made contact and drew a line as best i could to get a rough idea of how much to cut away. Fit pretty snug.

FWIW it did technically fit without me doin that and bolted in, but the top rubber mounts werent seated in their proper top slots and the bracket was at an angle. I only needed to trim 1/2" off.

Last edited:

ruey220

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will be installing the CVFab Titan V2 IC in a few days. Currently running through the instructions to make sure I have everything needed for the install. Looks like it’s a fairly simple install.
For the AGS (shutters) I am seeing “just trim” “just remove some blades” and on CVF website. “Remove the shutters”.

I am looking at removing the shutters completely. Is this the common process? I understand the reason for the shutters as well as the cons of the shutters. Just looking for info from those who have removed them.

Also it looking like you have to pull that grille off to remove?
I removed the shutters and fans and havent had any issues. They are just obstruction for airflow on either ends and with a high perf. Intercooler it is counter productive to have either of them. The shutters simply are for less resistance to theoretically save gas but i doubt you would notice the difference or you wouldnt be driving a raptor if you cared to

OP
OP
Stanstyle

Stanstyle

Reaction score
Thanks guys, sure appreciate the info. I will tackle this today after work and doing a search here or on Google there is limited info on removing the shutters. Guess we’ll see how it goes.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the V1 intercooler so I didn't have to trim anything. Just pulled the snapped on shroud off. However, didn't want the shutters EVER closed so reached in through the front, bent them til I was able to remove just the vanes themselves. Motor still there and plugged in. If I ever upgrade to the thicker V2, I'll trim .25" off the shutter housing.

pavendort

Reaction score
I removed the shutters and fans and havent had any issues. They are just obstruction for airflow on either ends and with a high perf. Intercooler it is counter productive to have either of them. The shutters simply are for less resistance to theoretically save gas but i doubt you would notice the difference or you wouldnt be driving a raptor if you cared to
Any CEL from removing the fans?