CVF Titan Intercooler: Installation and Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Exactly clean the fittings and inside the hoses, push and keep them firmly mated as you crank down on the clamps. Tight tight to the point they are clamped down, but keep a feel and don’t break them.

Beau Guillot

Reaction score
two things that helped me, You have to hold/push the large hose all the way into the intercooler fitting and tighten at the same time, making sure that the hose clamp does not tighten at an angle or tighten on the edge of the flange of the intercooler. Secondly, tighten the hose clamp at the top of the large hose, while making sure you are holding the piping in place and the hose clamp is tightening evenly on the hose. I rotated all the clamps for the large hose so they pointed towards the center of the truck and used and socket extension to tighten from underneath the truck. For the blue hoses, rotate/turnaround hose clamps so they point to the center of the truck and you can tighten with a socket extension from underneath the truck. You really have to crank down on the hose clamps
No issues after doing that?

Sweetlou1182

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't personally have lighting in the grill like you, however I don't think you'd have any issues. The Titan isn't exceptionally tall and doesn't protrude above the bottom of the grill (like the Wagner unit for example).

finally purchased and put on a few weeks ago. No clearance issues at all with thr lights. Giant upgrade!

Beenjammin

Reaction score
Got mine on tonight. Overall it was not too bad. Biggest gripe was the large hose. I wish it was about 1/4" longer. I did not get the fans in with the intercooler but did manage to get it in after.... Was a real PITA though. barely fits. The IC was twice the factory one and I had to hold it with one arm and fasten the bracket with the other... Nice workout.

I was absolutely shocked at how much oil was in my factory unit. I hope the UPR catch can will help this

CVF-Jason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all! Just giving a shout to let you know that November features our best sale of the year - 10% off any CVF-branded products, including no taxes added (we eat the cost) and free shipping to the lower 48 with discount code BLK21!

Feel free to give me a shout with any questions!

CVF-Jason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got pipes for 2019-2020s yet?

Downpipes are on the list!

Cold side pipe here (pic will be up there soon but product is available):

Hot pipes soon as well.

CVF-Jason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those looking let me to introduce the just-released Titan v.2!

It features a 27% larger version of our proprietary core (not off the shelf like most of the other guys), direct connection on the lower cold side (no more hose), and drain plug on the cold side end tank.

Take a look here: