CVF Titan Intercooler: Installation and Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JerzeeRaptor

Reaction score
So why does the whole front end have to come apart for these other IC's like COBB, etc....??? This is making my decision a whole lot easier. I have my truck Goosetuned right now with custom Stage2 93 Octane tune in it. What HP and TRQ increases do you'll think I'll see if i install the CVF IC?

OP
OP
J

jgree32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So why does the whole front end have to come apart for these other IC's like COBB, etc....??? This is making my decision a whole lot easier. I have my truck Goosetuned right now with custom Stage2 93 Octane tune in it. What HP and TRQ increases do you'll think I'll see if i install the CVF IC?
I'm not familiar with other intercoolers. I suspect though because they are being relocated in front of radiator.
It won't add power persay. But it will keep the truck from heat soaking so easily and losing power.
High intake temps are the enemy of a turbo engine. ECU has to decrease timing and boost potentially as intake temps get too high.
Upgraded intercooler allows you to get consistent performance run after run even in hotter weather.

JerzeeRaptor

Reaction score
AWESOME!!! This is making my decision almost a no-brainer at this point. I have a Boomba BOV adapter already installed on my stock IC. Can that be reinstalled using the CVF? lastly...I have already custom Goosetuned my truck and I'm currently using his Stage 2 93 Octane tune. If i install the CVF IC what kind of HP and TRQ gains do you think I'll end up seeing?

RW17FX4

Reaction score
AWESOME!!! This is making my decision almost a no-brainer at this point. I have a Boomba BOV adapter already installed on my stock IC. Can that be reinstalled using the CVF? lastly...I have already custom Goosetuned my truck and I'm currently using his Stage 2 93 Octane tune. If i install the CVF IC what kind of HP and TRQ gains do you think I'll end up seeing?
You should be able to re-use that Boomba adapter no problem! The CVF unit uses the same “twist-lock” method to mount the BOV that the factory intercooler uses...so everything should be interchangeable. As mentioned earlier intercoolers don’t really add hp or tq per say, BUT they allow you to maintain the power you are making. Ever notice how much stronger your truck runs in the winter versus the summer due to intake temps? This intercooler will keep those intake temps lower

P4mnceBlue82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I'm confused.... I thought a stage 2 was for after you replace stock IC. So ur saying ur currently running the stage 2 on the stock IC?

JerzeeRaptor

Reaction score
Yes I am and I confirmed that was A-OK with Winfield from GooseTuning case I was under the same impression. Winfield...if your reading this please reply as to why this is kosher. Thnks