CVF Titan Intercooler: Installation and Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did find one thing wrong. It needs to hold way, way, way more food to be working on Saturdays! If I would have know I would have got two!!
:D:D:D:D:D

IMG_20190907_130459.jpg

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I just got finished with the intercooler and turbosmart BOV at the same time. If anybody has ever seen the stock setup, we have all talked about removing the charge fan shroud and it is totally unneeded now. The CVF IC is so much thicker the fan pack sits directly on it so no chance for air leakage around the fan pack. In fact the IC is larger than the fan pack by far so you get air moving thru the fan pack and around the edges that are exposed beyond the fan pack.

The install isn't hard, just time-consuming. Took me several hours of slow pace working, or 7-8 albums worth of work. In fact several were Bob Seger so fairly long albums :)

Very cool. Incredible how cheap this product makes the factory look. For those of us with mandatory front license plates this is an absolute must. Have you ever set in stop and go traffic in 90degree weather and go to jump on it when traffic clears and the Prius next to you flys past while you still waiting for boost? Fear no more, breath much cooler air, it's obvious when you seem them all together.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the review. I assume overall the installation is straight forward?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Oh yeah, just really time consuming. Once I realized I had the fan pack upside down it was a sinch. Extra hands, a lift and transmission jack would have made it easier but it is definitely a garage job no problem.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I just got finished with the intercooler and turbosmart BOV at the same time. If anybody has ever seen the stock setup, we have all talked about removing the charge fan shroud and it is totally unneeded now. The CVF IC is so much thicker the fan pack sits directly on it so no chance for air leakage around the fan pack. In fact the IC is larger than the fan pack by far so you get air moving thru the fan pack and around the edges that are exposed beyond the fan pack.

The install isn't hard, just time-consuming. Took me several hours of slow pace working, or 7-8 albums worth of work. In fact several were Bob Seger so fairly long albums :)

Very cool. Incredible how cheap this product makes the factory look. For those of us with mandatory front license plates this is an absolute must. Have you ever set in stop and go traffic in 90degree weather and go to jump on it when traffic clears and the Prius next to you flys past while you still waiting for boost? Fear no more, breath much cooler air, it's obvious when you seem them all together.

I’m going to buy this IC as well, just waiting til next summer since I live in MA & IAT temps ain’t gonna be an issue for next 8-9 months.

I have to ask though- why do you keep mentioning “front plate states” what does that have to do w/ larger style intercooler in front of engine or smaller one in stock location? I don’t get it?

I recently got a swarfworks plate bracket relocating it to the passenger side recovery hook & freeing up the IC grate for better air flow. But again - Cobb, whipple, wagner, full race or OEM- what difference does running a plate in front matter? If anything a bigger non-stock location IC like Cobb solves that problem (albeit much more expensively) much better since its raised above the front bumper.

OEM or aftermarket, in the stock location mounting the plate to the side solves the airflow issue.

Kirby Lastinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, just really time consuming. Once I realized I had the fan pack upside down it was a sinch. Extra hands, a lift and transmission jack would have made it easier but it is definitely a garage job no problem.
Cool. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have to ask though- why do you keep mentioning “front plate states” what does that have to do w/ larger style intercooler in front of engine or smaller one in stock location?

OEM or aftermarket, in the stock location mounting the plate to the side solves the airflow issue.

That's all point was about the plate blocking airflow. I know a lot of those first year ecoboost's had their plates on the side but man, I just don't like the look of it. I know it fee's up airflow for the IC it just drives me insane not being centered. So really, I just meant hopefully having a larger IC than stock would help with those of us who have the opening covered up. Best case like you mentioned a FMIC like a ginormous CObb would be best.