CVF Titan Intercooler: Installation and Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
But for the CP-E IC they remove the front bumper to remove the air intake shroud. With what I'm reading prior in this thread everyone says that removing the front bumper is not required for the CVF IC
Correct, no bumper removal required when you're installing the CVF Titan. I just liked the video because it shows where everything is and what needs to be disconnected. Once you get down there it's a straightforward install aside from the girth of the Titan.

bwdilli

Reaction score
Are you happy with the CVF IC with the Cobb stage 2 tune? Gonna work on mine for my '19 this week.

I've been running mine since May 2020 with a stage 2 Cobb tune. Love it. No issues at all. I'm starting to think about switching to another tune though. Might sell my Cobb off and go a different direction.

MrStevie714

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve had the CVF in my garage for months, going to try to install soon and go up to a Cobb Stage 2. Then hopefully a Goosetune, I’ve heard great things about him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweetlou1182

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this is a direct bolt on but any clearance issues with lightning? I have the M+R dual light bar behind the grill. Hoping the top of the IC doesn’t interfere.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know this is a direct bolt on but any clearance issues with lightning? I have the M+R dual light bar behind the grill. Hoping the top of the IC doesn’t interfere.
I don't personally have lighting in the grill like you, however I don't think you'd have any issues. The Titan isn't exceptionally tall and doesn't protrude above the bottom of the grill (like the Wagner unit for example).

Sweetlou1182

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't personally have lighting in the grill like you, however I don't think you'd have any issues. The Titan isn't exceptionally tall and doesn't protrude above the bottom of the grill (like the Wagner unit for example).

awesome! Thanks for the input.

Swaddict

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone with the CVF (or any other ic) having problems blowing hoses? If so, what have you done to remedy the issue?

two things that helped me, You have to hold/push the large hose all the way into the intercooler fitting and tighten at the same time, making sure that the hose clamp does not tighten at an angle or tighten on the edge of the flange of the intercooler. Secondly, tighten the hose clamp at the top of the large hose, while making sure you are holding the piping in place and the hose clamp is tightening evenly on the hose. I rotated all the clamps for the large hose so they pointed towards the center of the truck and used and socket extension to tighten from underneath the truck. For the blue hoses, rotate/turnaround hose clamps so they point to the center of the truck and you can tighten with a socket extension from underneath the truck. You really have to crank down on the hose clamps