CVF Titan Intercooler: Installation and Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joeeyyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have read that people have experienced hoses blowing off after install while driving. I completed my install last night and fortunately, no hoses were blown off after boost. What hoses are the pita blowing off?

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have read that people have experienced hoses blowing off after install while driving. I completed my install last night and fortunately, no hoses were blown off after boost. What hoses are the pita blowing off?

Just tighten all the hoses you loosened like the factory did and you won’t blow them off. Fit them on correctly and do the job right. Then no worries. Do make sure you get that clip correctly back on the lower left side elbow.

Joeeyyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clip on lower left side elbow? I used the provided elbow and tightened the clamps. Not aware of a clip on the supplied elbow

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Clip on lower left side elbow? I used the provided elbow and tightened the clamps. Not aware of a clip on the supplied elbow

Yeah the Titan comes with it’s own elbow. Some do not. Just make them rock solid tight, without destroying the clamps. You should be good.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I may be wrong, but it sounds like that intercooler may have come with different clamps in the past. When I installed mine, which was purchased recently, it had proper T-bolt clamps. Having lots of boosted experience, I ordered a set prior to installing the intercooler. Only to find that they were included. You can actually over torque those and crushed the pipes.

Last edited:

jbishop98

Reaction score
I just did mine about 2 weeks ago. It's essentially plug and play and reuses the factory BOV. Getting the fans back into place while maneuvering the (considerably greater than OEM) heavy intake was the most challenging part but it all secures with factory hardware. There's plenty of install videos of other factory location ICs and I found the CJ Pony Parts install to be the easiest to follow. Once you get under there and identify what needs to be unplugged and switched out it becomes much easier.

Do you have a link to the CJ Pony Parts install?

MKW1456

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It's for a CP-E IC but it is essentially the same process as the CVF install.
But for the CP-E IC they remove the front bumper to remove the air intake shroud. With what I'm reading prior in this thread everyone says that removing the front bumper is not required for the CVF IC