CVF Titan Intercooler: Installation and Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

engine45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m Cobb stage 2 with tcm and a panel filter. Soflo is hotter than satans *******. I believe it pulls less timing with the ic compared to the stocker. To me anyway you can help a motor stay a lil cooler can’t hurt. Just got home from a 40 mile round trip from broward co to Miami Dade. Truck ran the turnpike like a champ. Everyone gets passed. Ps. I put my cvf on without a tune. And it still popped off couplers. But after cranking them down right. Truck ran fine.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got a friend running the same setup as you down here. He loves it, especially the trans tune. Did you say hot? Didn’t realize it was with the boiling humidity lol

BearDog

Reaction score
Anyone found an aftermarket cold pipe to marry up to the CVFab Titan? Did not enjoy the OEM pipe uncoupling and the truck acting like a neutered gorilla.

Tr4ckD4ys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems the general opinion on the CVF IC is “get it if you’re tuned”. I have no interest in increasing the power of my raptor, I feel like what it does stock is plenty for me. What I would buy this IC for is if it has other benefits. So my question to you guys is: What are the effects of running an aftermarket IC on reliability and longevity of engine, turbo and intake components? Are there any positive benefits to running “cooler” for long term owners not looking for power gains? I mean this independent of ambience and driving behavior. Just scientifically/generally speaking, does a “better” IC make for better vehicle health?

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As to your question, I have no empirical evidence on this platform yet per se. However, the consensus is the OE unit is crap. And having had professional experience in turbo charged applications, judging by build appearance alone, I’d say they are right. I don’t know it would make a huge different for you living up north. However, we have 100+ degree days here like you have below freezing. I’ll purchase one for sure for that reason. It’s a no brainer. For you there is probably more of a decision.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As to your question, I have no empirical evidence on this platform yet per se. However, the consensus is the OE unit is crap. And having had professional experience in turbo charged applications, judging by build appearance alone, I’d say they are right. I don’t know it would make a huge different for you living up north. However, we have 100+ degree days here like you have below freezing. I’ll purchase one for sure for that reason. It’s a no brainer. For you there is probably more of a decision.

So for us living in colder temps, would the OE unit suffice or "Send It"?