CVF Titan Intercooler: Installation and Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

titanjc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2019 GEN2 and have been looking into performance upgrades for my truck. I really like the Cobb Stage 2 kit but don't like the idea of cutting up my grill and installing the intercooler in front of the stock radiator or air conditioning condenser, as this would add heat load in front of those items. I really like the idea of keeping the intercooler in the stock location. My main question is whether an aftermarket intercooler (CVF, Garret, Whipple, etc.) can keep up with the heat load from the Stage 2 tune since all of those intercoolers are smaller than the Cobb IC.
Yes, a stock location upgrade is fine for running a Cobb stage 2 tune. I’m running a CV Fabrication unit on my truck and highly recommend it. At first I was on the OTS Cobb Stage 2 tune, but have since gone with a custom GooseTuned Stage 2 setup and as cliche as it sounds, this is a totally different truck. And as far as heat goes, I am in hot and muggy central Florida and the CVF IC has performed great.

dsoren10

Reaction score
Awesome thanks for that! It’d be great if someone could flow test the pressure drop for the different IC options and document functional cooling surface area. That would be the only definitive data that would really show who make the best IC. Lots of temperature delta claims out there and those all vary based on ambient conditions (temp, humidity, wind/truck speed, etc.) but pressure loss is an important factor to consider.

Flash1034

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it come with the hose seeing as how it doesn’t fit the stock connector? If not, where can you get one?

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OEM IC weighs >> 8.7 pounds
CVF IC weighs >> 27.45 pounds

OEM IC is ridiculous small and dinky. I can't believe a 70K truck comes with it.
CVF is a huge improvment

Does it come with the hose seeing as how it doesn’t fit the stock connector? If not, where can you get one?

IC1.jpg

IC2.jpg

IC3.jpg

IC4.jpg

IC5.jpg

engine45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been happy with my cvf ic. Just make sure you crank down those clamps. Limp mode from a boost tube popping off on the highway sucks !!!!

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve been happy with my cvf ic. Just make sure you crank down those clamps. Limp mode from a boost tube popping off on the highway sucks !!!!

How do you find the performance of the new IC as compared with stock in the summer down here? Did you only update the IC by itself to get a good comparison of before and after?