CVF Titan Intercooler: Installation and Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19RaptorPB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the chart on the product page claiming 40°F drop is the chart from F150 test correct and the first post that you can see around 20°F difference is from the Raptor.

What do you think the boost difference is between the raptor and a non-HO F150? It can’t be more than 1-2psi stock for stock. I don’t think it’ll make much difference as far intercooler performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

19RaptorPB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the chart on the product page claiming 40°F drop is the chart from F150 test correct and the first post that you can see around 20°F difference is from the Raptor.

It seems as if your main goal here is to dispute the claims made by CVF in regards to their intercooler. I am not affiliated with CVF at all other than I bought one of their intercoolers and interacted with one of their employees who was extremely helpful and made a point to provide excellent communication and customer service. The intercooler looks to be of very high quality and if nothing else, is absolutely a night and day difference to the stock intercooler and by default will outperform the stock intercooler by far.

My point is that if you think for one minute that your Raptor is actually pushing the claimed horsepower, torque, or mpg's that Ford claims, you are sorely mistaken. That being said - it doesn't mean that all of those numbers aren't achievable under the right conditions. It's a known fact to anyone with a brain that you aren't going to experience any manufacturer's claims often if ever. Do you have some sort of vendetta for CVF? Have you had a sore experience with them as a company or with a product you bought? If the answer is no than I would ask that you be satisfied that your point is made and noted. It isn't going to give me remorse for purchasing their intercooler and I'm confident that anyone else who runs their intercooler hasn't looked back. The problem with your posts is that CVF is a very small company from what I can tell. Both positive and negative posts and comments concerning their product can make or break a small company and to have someone bashing their claims and product can be devastating to a small company. The worst part about it is that you are going off of someone else's opinions and results. You have zero experience of your own with them as a company or with their product. You have no idea what the conditions were, where the logging was done geographically, or if the tests were done logically and with calculation.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion but keep in mind that you are on a public forum where most people that are modifying a Raptor in any way will likely visit and do some research on. Any 'opinion-based' data without hands-on experience is nothing less than stupid and stupid kills.

DetTigers

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my opinion the better question in all of this- how do the reduced temps equate to increased speed/performance? Reduced temps don’t mean a whole lot to me unless you can quantify the increased performance.

Wojciech Gierczynski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you think the boost difference is between the raptor and a non-HO F150? It can’t be more than 1-2psi stock for stock. I don’t think it’ll make much difference as far intercooler performance.

Doesnt regular F150 Ecoboost have like 11psi of boost and Raptor 18psi. I believe I've seen this somewhere

19RaptorPB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my opinion the better question in all of this- how do the reduced temps equate to increased speed/performance? Reduced temps don’t mean a whole lot to me unless you can quantify the increased performance.

The air forced through the intercooler from the turbos is hot. The intercooler’s job in it’s basic function is to cool the hot air with volume and airflow just like a radiator for the water running through your engine does. Without an intercooler the intake would be receiving hot air from the turbos and it is common knowledge that heat = loss of power or in this case, loss of potential power. With an upgraded intercooler, the hot air coming from the turbos is able to cool down more rapidly and in a greater volume, therefore providing cooler air to the intake and preventing loss of performance as the demand for power climbs.

To put it simply - if you go take a drive in your raptor right now and do a bunch of 0-60 runs back to back, you’ll notice that the time it takes to reach 60 will become longer and longer because the air going into your intake is hotter and hotter therefore robbing your performance. With an upgraded intercooler, you drastically improve the temperatures reaching the intake, thus maintaining the levels of performance from the first 0-60 run to the last.

Of course, this doesn’t mean you can do fifty 0-60 runs and not expect to lose some performance, but with the upgraded intercooler you won’t lose near as much or near as fast. I hope this helps but if not you can google or YouTube the benefits of an upgraded intercooler on a turbocharged engine and I’m sure you’ll get the point.

19RaptorPB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesnt regular F150 Ecoboost have like 11psi of boost and Raptor 18psi. I believe I've seen this somewhere

I believe you’re wrong. The first generation ecoboost motor was running anywhere from 13-16 psi and once tuned pushing 18-20. I can confirm this because I had a first gen ecoboost in my F150. The second gen motor like found in the 2017+ raptor pushes 18-21 stock. I’d be willing to bet the standard F150’s are 18-19 and the raptor is 20-21 at most.

Wojciech Gierczynski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems as if your main goal here is to dispute the claims made by CVF in regards to their intercooler. I am not affiliated with CVF at all other than I bought one of their intercoolers and interacted with one of their employees who was extremely helpful and made a point to provide excellent communication and customer service. The intercooler looks to be of very high quality and if nothing else, is absolutely a night and day difference to the stock intercooler and by default will outperform the stock intercooler by far.

My point is that if you think for one minute that your Raptor is actually pushing the claimed horsepower, torque, or mpg's that Ford claims, you are sorely mistaken. That being said - it doesn't mean that all of those numbers aren't achievable under the right conditions. It's a known fact to anyone with a brain that you aren't going to experience any manufacturer's claims often if ever. Do you have some sort of vendetta for CVF? Have you had a sore experience with them as a company or with a product you bought? If the answer is no than I would ask that you be satisfied that your point is made and noted. It isn't going to give me remorse for purchasing their intercooler and I'm confident that anyone else who runs their intercooler hasn't looked back. The problem with your posts is that CVF is a very small company from what I can tell. Both positive and negative posts and comments concerning their product can make or break a small company and to have someone bashing their claims and product can be devastating to a small company. The worst part about it is that you are going off of someone else's opinions and results. You have zero experience of your own with them as a company or with their product. You have no idea what the conditions were, where the logging was done geographically, or if the tests were done logically and with calculation.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion but keep in mind that you are on a public forum where most people that are modifying a Raptor in any way will likely visit and do some research on. Any 'opinion-based' data without hands-on experience is nothing less than stupid and stupid kills.
Nothing against them I was just wondering how did they achieve the number they claiming since many other reputable manufacturers of Aftermarket Stock Location Intercooler with much bigger size cores and same quality of product have lesser numbers. In my book if you claim actual number you would be eager to show it correct. I dont want to steer you away from their product in anyway. I was actually thinking about purchasing their Intercooler but the numbers claimed got me confused since like I wrote before I think only one company so far claimed same numbers for stock location intercooler (AMS Performance) but their Intercooler is a Huge 115% Larger then stock vs CVF 50% larger.

19RaptorPB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing against them I was just wondering how did they achieve the number they claiming since many other reputable manufacturers of Aftermarket Stock Location Intercooler with much bigger size cores and same quality of product have lesser numbers. In my book if you claim actual number you would be eager to show it correct. I dont want to steer you away from their product in anyway. I was actually thinking about purchasing their Intercooler but the numbers claimed got me confused since like I wrote before I think only one company so far claimed same numbers for stock location intercooler (AMS Performance) but their Intercooler is a Huge 115% Larger then stock vs CVF 50% larger.

I get that but you understand my point right?

19RaptorPB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do of course but I hope you understand my point also that claiming a number that was achieved ones in perfect condition and on the truck pushing less boost is a little bit of marketing pitch.

Yes I said I understood your point a few posts ago. Here’s my issue:

The original post on this thread said he achieved a 35° - 39° improvement over stock which is damn close to the marketing pitch and claims from CVF. You said you read somewhere else that on another truck there was only a 20° improvement over stock.

According to these two separate instances there is a 50% chance it’s just marketing hype and BS but there is also a 50% chance that it isn’t. You’ve been so adamant about proving CVF wrong over and over and the only thing you keep referencing is one YouTube video and you are completely negating the original post, neither of which involve you or your own personal experiences. Furthermore, there have plenty of people on here running stage 2 tunes, obviously creating more boost and with that more heat, and have absolutely zero issues with the CVF intercooler.

It may just be me but I think you are making all of these accusations without anything to back it up aside from one other person’s results that you don’t even know. It would be no different than me claiming how great the CVF intercooler is and how everyone should buy one yet it’s still sitting in my garage uninstalled.