CVF Titan Intercooler: Installation and Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RW17FX4

Reaction score
I'm very curious on why you made the shroud and why you removed the shutters?

the dimensions of the CVF core are larger than that of the factory unit and as such the factory shroud was no longer a complete seal to the factory intercooler. i’ve read (maximum boost by corky bell) that it is beneficial to direct as much air as possible through the intercooler and not let any be directed around it. removing the shutters was a natural choice when fabricating this shroud as they are an obstruction to airflow. I understand the shutters are there to help prevent condensation or whatever but i believe for the most efficient use of this intercooler ( and all intercoolers) the shutters need removed

peavey02

Reaction score
the dimensions of the CVF core are larger than that of the factory unit and as such the factory shroud was no longer a complete seal to the factory intercooler. i’ve read (maximum boost by corky bell) that it is beneficial to direct as much air as possible through the intercooler and not let any be directed around it. removing the shutters was a natural choice when fabricating this shroud as they are an obstruction to airflow. I understand the shutters are there to help prevent condensation or whatever but i believe for the most efficient use of this intercooler ( and all intercoolers) the shutters need removed

Ahh now I under stand. Thank you..I honestly had no idea.

What you have done looks good.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I guess I can't wait to install mine...

I would like to take off my front bumper to do the install, would this be easier? I also at the same time will do the BOV and the fog lights...

OP
OP
J

jgree32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I can't wait to install mine...

I would like to take off my front bumper to do the install, would this be easier? I also at the same time will do the BOV and the fog lights...
I don't see any reason to remove the bumper for the IC install.
But if you're doing fogs maybe it would be helpful.

RW17FX4

Reaction score
So what did you use for material and how did you fab it together. Dimensions? Inter cooler heads want to know

hi,

material is 16g 5052 AL. total material was about 4 square (24x24) shroud was corner welded inside/out. standoffs and tabs added to mount shutter actuator motor and to secure the wiring harness, retains factory mounting points. finished in satin epoxy paint. added the edge guards for the proper seal to the intercooler core and for a more finished look.

shroud was mocked up first using CAD (cardboard added drafting), with the bumper in place to ensure correct dimensions.

i’m not a fabricator so the unit may appear crude but hopefully you like it!