CVF Titan Intercooler for 2015+ F-150 2.7L / 3.5L / Raptor EcoBoost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
CVF-Jason

CVF-Jason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will you guys eventually be making a front mount intercooler?

There are no plans at the moment, but you never know in the future. We are currently focusing on developing charge pipes, downpipes, and exhaust components for the F-150 platform.

Biggwrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are no plans at the moment, but you never know in the future. We are currently focusing on developing charge pipes, downpipes, and exhaust components for the F-150 platform.

definitely interested in hot and cold pipes.. Assuming you tried the regular 3.5 ones and dont fit? Or going for larger ones for the raptor?

also have you done any testing on the cooling difference between black and natural on the IC? Wondering if it makes any noticeable change.

OP
OP
CVF-Jason

CVF-Jason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
definitely interested in hot and cold pipes.. Assuming you tried the regular 3.5 ones and dont fit? Or going for larger ones for the raptor?

also have you done any testing on the cooling difference between black and natural on the IC? Wondering if it makes any noticeable change.

We're going to give our 3.5L piping a shot on the Raptor to see if they fit first, and there was this particular video about black vs. natural paint on intercoolers a while back (below).

RGVRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We're going to give our 3.5L piping a shot on the Raptor to see if they fit first, and there was this particular video about black vs. natural paint on intercoolers a while back (below).

Ordered the black CVF intercooler for my raptor.... Looks like I’ll be returning it. ‍♂️

Biggwrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok fine... Hoped black would less corrosion overtime.

Assuming the same argument probably wouldnt necessarily hold as true to charge pipes. Charge pipes dont have air flowing over them “much” and would less effect the intake temp then the painted IC.

Jason, out of curiosity, there a reason why your design went away from the factory coupling on the cold side? Most others retain the clip style in some form, if even just to adapt.

RGVRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@CVF-Jason

I just received my intercooler today and need to figure out what the steps are to process a return. Do I need to print something and include in box, or?

Also, I think it's pretty messed up that you're selling a black intercooler and then posting the video above showing that them being painted makes them less efficient. Now I am eating the shipping cost to get back to you and the 10% "restocking fee". What a gigantic waste of money.

I sent email to customer support as a reply to the order confirmation ya'll sent. Please reply ASAP so I can get this back to you and get my money back.

Thx.

OP
OP
CVF-Jason

CVF-Jason

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@CVF-Jason

I just received my intercooler today and need to figure out what the steps are to process a return. Do I need to print something and include in box, or?

Also, I think it's pretty messed up that you're selling a black intercooler and then posting the video above showing that them being painted makes them less efficient. Now I am eating the shipping cost to get back to you and the 10% "restocking fee". What a gigantic waste of money.

I sent email to customer support as a reply to the order confirmation ya'll sent. Please reply ASAP so I can get this back to you and get my money back.

Thx.

Sent you a PM regarding the return - we'll make sure you're taken care of without issue. The video was just a reference guide, to be honest, not gospel. Our internal testing showed no noticeable difference regarding color and we certainly aren't here to fool anyone. It was posted in a similar thread on here and we're about full transparency, that's all!

It should also be noted that we use heat dissipating paint on the intercooler, not just normal black paint.

Last edited: