Cvf intercooler installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chi_weezy

Reaction score
If you want your manifold temps to drop even more, take the shutters out. I did this about a month after I installed my CVF intercooler and now there only is a 10 - 15 degree difference between intake and manifold temps when cruising. (90+ degree weather) Even after the intercooler install there was still a 20 degree difference or higher with the shutters in.

maybe I’m not remembering correctly, but aren’t the shutters in the grill? What does that have to do with the IC? Or maybe I removed mine in front of the IC when I did the install, can’t remember

RaptorVette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are in front of the intercooler, separate from the ones in front of the radiator. You can take off the small plastic grill where the license plate goes and just reach in there and pull them off. You would know if you removed them. You wouldn't have to touch them to install the intercooler.

Last edited:

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want your manifold temps to drop even more, take the shutters out. I did this about a month after I installed my CVF intercooler and now there only is a 10 - 15 degree difference between intake and manifold temps when cruising. (90+ degree weather) Even after the intercooler install there was still a 20 degree difference or higher with the shutters in.
Why did the factory put the shutters there in the first place then? I wouldn't be opposed to taking them out just don't want to screw something up.

RaptorVette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure, there have been lots of discussion on here about them. Mine were covered in bugs when I took them out, which tells me there were closed while driving. I left the motor intact and plugged in as well.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not sure, there have been lots of discussion on here about them. Mine were covered in bugs when I took them out, which tells me there were closed while driving. I left the motor intact and plugged in as well.

Just doesn’t make sense why Ford would ever have the shutters closed for the IC or Radiator while driving in warm and hot temp climates. Good chance they are closing them until the motor comes up to full operating temperature to keep emissions down. Can’t see any other reasons why.