6.2 Cut-Out Aux Replacement Toggle. "Up/Down" Toggle Look-alike?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThePunisher56

Reaction score
Alright. So, I've been scouring the internet for answers on this one. One answer included about $60 worth of programming wires and a chunk of relays with a 3 second power position.

I've looked around and I decided I'd rather have one of the Upfitter switches be an "Up/Down" switch like a winch switch. Something to replace just one (#4) of the Upfitter Aux toggle switches.

So, I'm thinking I can Replace the SPST On/Off in this picture...

https://imgur.com/UxRrr9P

With an "Up/Down" backing and switch that'll not look too obviously different. Of course it'll be in a middle position compared to the rest, But I'll live with that.

I'm hoping I can just pop the #4 out, Pop in a "Up/Down" switch that looks very similar, and run with it.

Is this something someone has done? If so, where would I be able to find out where to get the backing/Look-alike switch? Looking to have it look exactly like the other 3 switches, just with it sitting in a neutral position instead of an "On/Off" position.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Although probably doable, it might be more work than it's worth. I had my console apart last weekend and removed that switch assembly from the console top and all four live in a single case, so you'd have to break that open to get to the actual switch...if it was me I'd keep the stock switches and figure out another way. Are you using the other 3 now? If not you could use 2 for your cutout, if so and if one was some kind lights you could get a standard F150 light switch with fog and use that fog circuit instead of the AUX...

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Run a search for cutout related stuff. This has been done or at least attempted before. I think most people around these parts gave up on electric cutouts, though. They don't hold up.