Custom window access hole covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hush Car Audio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello All,
I haven't advertised these but a few of you have ordered them. I wanted to share them for the rest of the forum. I build custom covers that go over the massive holes in the doors. What this does is basically turn your doors more into enclosures for the speakers providing better midbass performance. Most people can feel their pants legs shaking from the improved bass. They also block out a lot of outside noise from entering the cabin so the overall SQ of the truck will be improved. The cost to ship these to you with hardware included is only $150 to the lower 48. You have the option of using my hardware which is comprised of bolts and rivet nuts. You'll need an insert nut tool if you wish to use the hardware and it can be found for less than $20 at Harbor Freight. Some people also use self tapping screws. With either option it's best to sandwich the covers with butyl rope/tape to ensure a great seal. This material can be found at any home improvement store. If you are interested in purchasing some please send me a PM. I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have.
Regards,
Bruce
View media item 15086

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those are really nice and they look thicker than what I have.

Do you have front and rear?

Im assuming $150 a pair?

thanks

lateralis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be interested in front and rears as well. I can't find abs sheets where I'm at and I only had enough HDPE for speaker spacers.

OP
OP
Hush Car Audio

Hush Car Audio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whoops I forgot to mention that the $150 was for both front and rear doors and includes free shipping to the lower 48.

OP
OP
Hush Car Audio

Hush Car Audio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not just make it a turnkey kit with the butyl surround included?

Great question. Some people doing sound deadening differently and would rather sandwich the covers using closed cell foam or some other product instead. There is always the option to include whatever else they want through me. I make custom packages daily for people.

dblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would these make a difference for the stock speakers if you weren't planning to do any other audio upgrades?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
After I read the first post I thought to myself - I’ll bet @Guy will be all in on this. :-D

Sure enough.

I am intrigued.

Would these make a difference for the stock speakers if you weren't planning to do any other audio upgrades?

So like @Guy, I’ve wrapped the (old) sub enclosure and did dynamat on the doors. The sub enclosure was the best bang for the buck expense, and the doors helped ever so slightly.

Will it be worth a buck fiddy with stock components? IMO, no. if you’ve done some work to the stereo OR, you’re planning on it then yes.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After I read the first post I thought to myself - I’ll bet @Guy will be all in on this. :-D

Sure enough.

I am intrigued.

So like @Guy, I’ve wrapped the (old) sub enclosure and did dynamat on the doors. The sub enclosure was the best bang for the buck expense, and the doors helped ever so slightly.

Will it be worth a buck fiddy with stock components? IMO, no. if you’ve done some work to the stereo OR, you’re planning on it then yes.

Only wrapping to the stock sub enclosure, no upgrade to the driver/amp? I was planning to upgeade the driver/amp plus do the wrapping.

Which wrap material did you use for the sub enclosure and doors? Anybisdues rattles/squeaks on the doors after taking tbe panels off/putting back? I changed mirrors on my Gen1 and the doors rattled after that no matter what I tried. Leery to take the dokrs apart on gen2 now. Did matting the doors help with lowering cabin noise?