Custom Wilwood Big Brake Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What aftermarket steel braided lines are available anyways? Is this to be part of the package?

FINRPTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only interested if they use thick rotors to transfer heat, have replaceable floating rotors / separate from hat, but still fit inside 17" wheels. I don't need more clamping power, just way better heat disapation.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Only interested if they use thick rotors to transfer heat, have replaceable floating rotors / separate from hat, but still fit inside 17" wheels. I don't need more clamping power, just way better heat disapation.
That makes no sense but whatever floats your boat. Heat in brakes is due to friction between pad and rotor. Rotors aren't there to cool anything.

FINRPTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nikhsub1,

No disrespect meant here, but rotors do remove the heat made from friction. Have you noticed that the centers have passages for air to go though? You may also notice on some rotors, they are set up to create a low pressure area on the inside to "pull" air through the rotor for better cooling. You may also see wheels designed specifically to create air movement to the rotor to cool them off.

I would like to hear your opinion on all that the rotors do. May I also recommend you read "Brake Handbook" by Fred Puhn, "Engineer To Win" and "Prepare to Win" by Carrol Smith?

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
nikhsub1,

No disrespect meant here, but rotors do remove the heat made from friction. Have you noticed that the centers have passages for air to go though? You may also notice on some rotors, they are set up to create a low pressure area on the inside to "pull" air through the rotor for better cooling. You may also see wheels designed specifically to create air movement to the rotor to cool them off.

I would like to hear your opinion on all that the rotors do. May I also recommend you read "Brake Handbook" by Fred Puhn, "Engineer To Win" and "Prepare to Win" by Carrol Smith?
Yes thanks I'm very familiar with thermodynamics, I have a degree in it. Those 'passages' are called vanes. The best way to cool brakes is with brake ducting.

FINRPTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, Thank you.

Now I would really like to hear your thoughts on "rotors aren't there to cool anything". I am always open to new information.