Custom Wilwood Big Brake Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree, however, the spacing is the issue. Likely will have to be a 2 piece to make them feasible without custom tooling and casting but looking into options for using other versions of cast rotors in parallel. It would be oem rotors and wheel spacers or 2 piece with no spacers.

Yeah I’m not familiar with the dimensions on the raptor. With the offset of the whee and all.l, I just knew OE rotors have been done on other platforms. Which means exactly **** in this instance.

OP
OP
N

Nick9323

Reaction score
What pads are currently available for better bite? Or would that be something to entertain?
I currently run the ebc extra duty pads, and they are better but still lacking imo. Most aftermarket kits use standard backing plate sizes so you have a wide selection of pad materials.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I currently run the ebc extra duty pads, and they are better but still lacking imo. Most aftermarket kits use standard backing plate sizes so you have a wide selection of pad materials.

This is unfortunate. This vehicle is fast and heavy at the same time, a pad upgrade is FIRST and necessary. Folks who offroad/on road/circuit race know this.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
This is unfortunate. This vehicle is fast and heavy at the same time, a pad upgrade is FIRST and necessary. Folks who offroad/on road/circuit race know this.
I found the EBC orange pads to be an upgrade over stock. It isn’t amazingly better but it is an improvement. The downside: lots and lots of dust.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
Thanks for that.. my wheels are copper color, I always attract dust!
I don’t mind the dust if it provides a braking improvement. Other vehicles have always been Audis and they love to use soft brake compounds that dust up real bad. I just wish the rear brakes would hurry up and show. Looks a little weird running black wheels up front and gray wheels in the back lol.