Custom sub box added to B&O system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorito

Reaction score
45426002-F2E0-4C0C-B576-0C495ED3E419.jpeg EB4AF313-4AE7-4636-A6AE-2D008CA5CBC8.jpeg 9F0FF53C-0F84-4716-BEEB-023A23C6A878.jpeg E8FC1128-223D-4DBD-AF35-6DB41E9DD765.jpeg hey guys , just got truck a few weeks ago, fully loaded 19’ and needed more bass!
Put in a custom sub box, 2 jl audio 12’s running off a massive amp and a bass knob run upfront. Box is sick! Custom raptor logos and lights up blue.. Major amount of bass, now need to get B&O system to go louder.. guess next step is another amp and replace speakers...

dhmcfadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 162414 View attachment 162415 View attachment 162416 View attachment 162417 hey guys , just got truck a few weeks ago, fully loaded 19’ and needed more bass!
Put in a custom sub box, 2 jl audio 12’s running off a massive amp and a bass knob run upfront. Box is sick! Custom raptor logos and lights up blue.. Major amount of bass, now need to get B&O system to go louder.. guess next step is another amp and replace speakers...
Only way to accomplish your second step is to purchase the NavTV zen a2b. There are alternatives but they are junk in comparison to zen a2b. This module completely removes and replaces your B&O amplifier. This is the only way to properly integrate your new speakers and amplifiers.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 162414 View attachment 162415 View attachment 162416 View attachment 162417 hey guys , just got truck a few weeks ago, fully loaded 19’ and needed more bass!
How did you get a signal from the BO system that wasn't attenuated? Trying to do the same thing and am confused what's needed. Thx in advance!

Reaction score
How did you get a signal from the BO system that wasn't attenuated? Trying to do the same thing and am confused what's needed. Thx in advance!
Good question, and maybe someone can help us out. I’ve read a ton of threads that say we need to replace everything in order to add a sub, is that true? I have a 19’ with B&O and I just want a little more deep bass at higher volumes. Couldn’t I just add a mono kicker key amp w/dsp and a nice 10”?

Hush Car Audio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes you can simply add a sub and amp if you only want more bass. You don't have to replace the whole system but that is advised since most bass upgrades overpower the door speakers.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes you can simply add a sub and amp if you only want more bass. You don't have to replace the whole system but that is advised since most bass upgrades overpower the door speakers.

sorry...but this is just wrong advice.

#1 - any high level input device is just trash compared to a true low level input and distort way more. taking that out of the equation.....

#2 - the B&O tuning starts to roll off the low frequencies when you try and get any volume out of the system. Whether you take the full signal off the rear doors or the sib signal off the factory subwoofer......you are getting a signal after the B&O amp and its tuning ..... there is no way to get accurate low frequency information at higher volumes. So to get any decent bass, you have to run the gains of your new sub amp very hot, which then makes your subs over power the rest of the systems. Unless you just want BOOM POW....dont design a system like that.

Audio control bass restore is just electronic guess work and deviates from the actual recorded information in the track. If you care anything about good sounding music, you can hear this gimmick and it sounds like crap.

If anyone tells you a high level input device like an LC2i is "just as good" as a device like a NAV TV Zen A2B....they are lying and just want the sale, or dont know any better. you need to decide for yourself.

I have 35 years of experience. While things have changed a great deal over the years, one thing remains constant. High level inputs will always suck.

Hush Car Audio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who said using the LC2i was just as good as using a dedicated bypass unit? I sure didn't and would appreciate you not trying to spread false rumors. I simply said you can add a sub if you wanted more bass without bypassing the whole system. Many have done this with success and love the results. Additionally, using high level doesn't always suck. Why in the world would audio companies make it so amps and DSPs can accept high level inputs if they sucked? Their company reputation would be on the line if this were a true statement which it isn't. Your 35 year of experience is suspect at best.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Only way to accomplish your second step is to purchase the NavTV zen a2b. There are alternatives but they are junk in comparison to zen a2b. This module completely removes and replaces your B&O amplifier. This is the only way to properly integrate your new speakers and amplifiers.
Ahhhh...you're over here as well as Hush..nice! Nice to see the forum here is in good hands audio wise.