Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Custom Magnaflow Exhaust

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods' started by Raptorguy21, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Raptorguy21

Raptorguy21 The Bob Vila of Trucks

Having one of the first Raptor's in the city, let alone the nation, I had to do some thinking outside the box when it came to some of my mods. Case in point was the exhaust, while stock the Raptor sounds good.....its not great, at least to me. I really didn't want to run a Flowmaster or some cheap muffler, I wanted something with a lil quality, so I went with the world's smallest 3" Magnaflow muffler (PN 14159) and nice slash cut 4" tip

[​IMG]

I really didn't want do deal with going true duals, I wanted more sound than performance, so I decided from past experience that a single muffler and exit before the rear axle would be best.......

Here just a simple cut old muffler out and weld new muffler in

[​IMG]

Then an exit out before the rear wheel

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Raptorguy21

Here is some video for ya of just a cold start up........

Now that was my old set up for the tip.....for whatever reason the hanger would keep breaking so after my third trip back to the exaust shop, we moved it to under the bed....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2010
  3. BOJANGLES

BOJANGLES <span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp Supporting Member

....and the sound is awesome in person.

I need to get off my ass and follow your lead here Jules. My Raptor has had the stock exhaust note for far too long now.

4. Raptorguy21

Yes......yes it has....... now to figure out what to run on yours :hmm:

5. BOJANGLES

exactly what I'm wondering. From the sound clips I've heard online, I feel like my ear also prefers the sound of the magnaflow over that of flowmaster and some of the other popular products. But online sound clips aren't quite like the real thing. I also feel like magnaflow is a safe bet for me based on how much I like the sound of yours.

6. Raptorguy21

I would run Magnaflow, SLP, Bassani, or Corsa for your truck.....the question becomes how do you want the exhaust to look? Single? True dual? Just a muffler with single inlet/dual outlet? Dumped under the truck? Go all the way out the back? What tips to run?......theres alot that can be done, so I guess first things first......are you looking for more sound or performance or looks?

7. BOJANGLES

ideally i'd like a single, exiting on the passenger side right before the rear wheel.

single tip, coated in a black or charcoal colored material, like ceramic perhaps
    something along these lines:
    [​IMG]

all 3 are important to me, but sound is definitely the priority.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2010
  8. IRONMAN

IRONMAN Administrator Staff Member Admin Super Mod

9. Raptorguy21

Well if sound is the biggest deal to you, then your headed in the right direction, a two into one exhaust is the best deep, aggressive sound you can get......we'll have to work on how to mount the exhaust exiting out the side cuz you push your truck just as hard as I push mine and I had no luck keeping that sum bitch in place :crazy:

10. IRONMAN

IRONMAN Administrator Staff Member Admin Super Mod

Tell us how you really feel....lol Just thought I'd ask.