Custom High-End Focal Stereo Upgrade in a Tremor with B&O

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

W1N

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In our higher end systems, we are using a DSP instead of passive crossovers. So it's all done electronically. If you are using passive crossovers, we recommend to never put them inside a door panel. Mount them behind the rear seat away from moisture, vibration and potential noise pickup.
Thank you for the info again. Will go through the video in detail foe sure! Great add!

Doesn't that mean that new speaker wires needs to be installed or there already are separate stock wires for the tweeters and mid-bass in front doors if I want two-way active system? Is it same for the rear doors even though they are coaxial?

I prefer using DSP for whole system as well.

Last edited:

W1N

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's tough, we typically run two 5-channel amplifiers for the entire system. To add a center channel, we add a 2-channel for the center.
Here is a typical 3-way active setup rack:
Do I get it right? For full active system there would be 4 channels front (two-way active both doors), 4 channels rear (active coaxial speakers both rear doors), Center (1 or 2 channels?) and Subs?

For center do you bridge the 2-channel amp or is the center actually two channels? Is center one or two speakers?

rlj676

Reaction score
Thank you for the info again. Will go through the video in detail foe sure! Great add!

Doesn't that mean that new speaker wires needs to be installed or there already are separate stock wires for the tweeters and mid-bass in front doors if I want two-way active system? Is it same for the rear doors even though they are coaxial?

I prefer using DSP for whole system as well.
I think there’s something that needs to be done for the tweeters with running a wire as there’s another amp in front of truck I’ve read. Could be wrong about that (hopefully).

I’m actually interested in a 5 way active using just 2 way fronts no rear filler…

Soundsgood sent you a PM, but please add to the thoughts a 5 way active with smaller 4 channel mosconi dsp amp

W1N

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think there’s something that needs to be done for the tweeters with running a wire as there’s another amp in front of truck I’ve read. Could be wrong about that (hopefully).

I’m actually interested in a 5 way active using just 2 way fronts no rear filler…

Soundsgood sent you a PM, but please add to the thoughts a 5 way active with smaller 4 channel mosconi dsp amp
Found these on another forum. It looks like there is lot wiring ready and Soundsgood has products ready to build fully active system that retains all speakers including headrest speakers and roof speakers.

Attachments

• ed_re_amp_a6f0e587ee75f317d80c046a76792563a188e2ab.jpg
    ed_re_amp_a6f0e587ee75f317d80c046a76792563a188e2ab.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 10
  • er_wiring_2b19b3d56c52c2543138b442a07d789eced20d27.png
    er_wiring_2b19b3d56c52c2543138b442a07d789eced20d27.png
    299.3 KB · Views: 10

rlj676

Reaction score
That means you have lots of useless junk in your truck traveling around
Do you mean me or those crappy little speakers lol?

If I had unlimited budget I’d do 3 way actives in those awesome a pillars front only, still leaving all the junk. Those extra speakers are pure marketing material fodder, do nothing of value in a quality stereo system. I’ve worked at Ford and GM in electronics, the goal isn’t best sound but how to advertise more speakers in dumber places (seriously). The requirements are never flat music reproduction in all seats or anything useful. Meaning that money that could be spent on fewer but higher quality amps and speakers is wasted on paper cones and wiring harnesses all over the place.

If you are going to watch movies and want Dolby atmos they make a lot of sense I guess.

W1N

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you mean me or those crappy little speakers lol?

If I had unlimited budget I’d do 3 way actives in those awesome a pillars front only, still leaving all the junk. Those extra speakers are pure marketing material fodder, do nothing of value in a quality stereo system. I’ve worked at Ford and GM in electronics, the goal isn’t best sound but how to advertise more speakers in dumber places (seriously). The requirements are never flat music reproduction in all seats or anything useful. Meaning that money that could be spent on fewer but higher quality amps and speakers is wasted on paper cones and wiring harnesses all over the place.

If you are going to watch movies and want Dolby atmos they make a lot of sense I guess.
I agree. For me the goal is to try to retain factory type of sound system, but with better quality speakers. All speakers can be updated except the ones in headrests. I don't want to go full retard, but add more bass, kill all rattle and make the cabin more settle.

rlj676

Reaction score
I agree. For me the goal is to try to retain factory type of sound system, but with better quality speakers. All speakers can be updated except the ones in headrests. I don't want to go full retard, but add more bass, kill all rattle and make the cabin more settle.
I am pretty sure it will turn out awesome, your whole truck plan makes us all envious I think. Will really be a standout in Finland. I’ve always wanted a full size truck in Europe just to turn heads lol.

W1N

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure it will turn out awesome, your whole truck plan makes us all envious I think. Will really be a standout in Finland. I’ve always wanted a full size truck in Europe just to turn heads lol.
Thank you! It will be blast to have one, but even more so I will enjoy finally able pack family stuff to go when heading to our vacation.