Custom Heated Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel Gen1/Gen2 - Group Buy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
OffroadAlliance.com

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you can do colors like Ruby Red? Can you customized the width of the top center stripe?

As for returning your current steering wheel, does the condition of that wheel matter? And out of curiosity for those that don't know (like me), what's the reason for requiring the old wheel?

Yes, you can choose the color of the top stripe as well as the width. You can choose the stitching color, colored carbon paddles, etc.

These steering wheels are built from the OEM steering wheels. So your core will actually be modified into what you see here. It needs to be in pretty good shape but a few scratches and a few dings wont make any difference.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
These steering wheels are built from the OEM steering wheels. So your core will actually be modified into what you see here. It needs to be in pretty good shape but a few scratches and a few dings wont make any difference.

I asked because the previous owner on mine used a brace attached to the wheel for steering. The damage is only on the leather itself as far as I can tell, core seems intact.

119581-98d7970ef4429e23f9df0b5581cd4eae.jpg

Blake Jones

Reaction score
How does the heat work with a gen 1? Inhave sync 3 installed but dont see a button for it. Also is there a way to get the adaptive cruise to work?

OP
OP
OffroadAlliance.com

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How does the heat work with a gen 1? Inhave sync 3 installed but dont see a button for it. Also is there a way to get the adaptive cruise to work?

For a gen1, you'd need to install a switch or connect it to an existing switch to control it.

rkneeshaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For a gen1, you'd need to install a switch or connect it to an existing switch to control it.

It would be sick if enabling the heated stearing wheel in Sync 3 retrofit worked. Any idea if the heated steering wheel responds to a CAN bus signal for enabling/disabling the heating element?

OP
OP
OffroadAlliance.com

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would be sick if enabling the heated stearing wheel in Sync 3 retrofit worked. Any idea if the heated steering wheel responds to a CAN bus signal for enabling/disabling the heating element?

Possible, but untested.

Joe12345

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Given my experience with both Ford dealers (16 Taurus SHO) and fiat Chrysler (18 JL Wrangler) this will be a hassle, as all dealers will refuse to unlock the capability even though they have the ability, because it’s not a sales code tied to the VIN. Your only hope would be to convince an aftermarket company who deals in these things, such as Tazer and OBD Genie, to see if they can engineer that into a software solution for you. They’re both usually willing, but it’s usually a year from the ask to the result, so you’ll have to be patient.

richmeyer

Reaction score
mmmmmm, carbon.....

Anyone that jumps on this and needs to get rid of their stock gen 2 wheel, holler at me.

Status
Not open for further replies.