Custom Fog Lights...

What type of Foglight light output would you want?

• Standard reflector halogen light?

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Projector HID light?

Votes: 26 36.6%
  • High powered LED light?

Votes: 42 59.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AMB Lighting

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ive seen people post about wanting a better foglight option then what is offered right now. Something that will fill the hole thats currently there. My question is, is this something most just want but wouldnt buy or is this something that people would actually buy. Next big question is what kind of lighting would you want from it, halogen, HID or High powered LED?

Give me some sort of feedback on this and i'll see what I can do. I have some experiance in making headlights, I was involved with making Flush mount headlights for the older Mazda Miatas. I wouldn't drive one but the lights sold like crazy lol.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is something I would buy. Personally I would like something that fills the whole that has an hid driving light but also has a LED for offroading.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

giffordt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be interested too. Those of us who drive "street queens" with stock headlights might enjoy a simple (DOT - LEGAL) halogen light that we could use for everyday driving. Just something to complement the stock headlights but fills the opening in the bumper.

Stepside

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LEDs are the bigger, better, deal.
And the ability to
>Dim
> Pulse &
> Change Color.
LEDs are Now and the Future.
A changable light cover for rock hits would be good, too
Being able to switch from white to amber.

arturom_1987

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would love to see something that will fill the entire hole and look as oem as possible. With that being said I feel it should be a full lens with no border plastic. The lens should be the only thing visible, and I would love to have LEDs. If this custom designed lamp is created I would buy it asap

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The problem with only leds is there aren't any aftermarket fogs that are street legal. That's why if u could make a housing that has leds in it and accepted a bulb like an h1 or h3 halogen or hid capable we could have street legal driving lights too

Ni9mm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How about making some custom round lights to fill the holes in my future ADD Stealth bumper ? I would buy.

Sorry slight thread jack there but at least the idea is out there.

Last edited:

claustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be interested too. Those of us who drive "street queens" with stock headlights might enjoy a simple (DOT - LEGAL) halogen light that we could use for everyday driving. Just something to complement the stock headlights but fills the opening in the bumper.

this

I would love to see something that will fill the entire hole and look as oem as possible. With that being said I feel it should be a full lens with no border plastic. The lens should be the only thing visible, and I would love to have LEDs. If this custom designed lamp is created I would buy it asap

And this

The problem with only leds is there aren't any aftermarket fogs that are street legal. That's why if u could make a housing that has leds in it and accepted a bulb like an h1 or h3 halogen or hid capable we could have street legal driving lights too

And this

---------- Post added at 01:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 AM ----------

How about a lense that fills the hole (giggity), with some kind of Audi-like led light strip for daytime runners, with a projector/hid or two in the middle? I think that could look sweet.

Last edited:

NY SCREW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i just want something that fills the hole an dosnt look like a square shoved in a rectangular hole. No offense to anyone with the square fog lights but the reason i havent gotten them is they to me look ugly an dont fit the front of the truck ,looks out of place. I would prefer leds , but hids work as well, anything that gives off more light then the crapy stock headlights.

OP
OP
A

AMB Lighting

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Keep the ideas and votes coming please. I'm working on a few ideas to see just how doable they are.