Custom fabric tonneau cover for 2 spare chase rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dustan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen a bed cover that incorporates a 2 spare tire chase rack. I contacted truxedo to see if they do custom work or sell just the fabric. I’m thinking about doing this with their pro x15 model. From the factory would be great but I may have to find an industrial sew shop. I just like everything covered but don’t like the look of a bed topper. Wondering if anyone has any photos or has seen this done?

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m 1000000% certain an upholstery shop is capable of making this for you, just a matter of finding the right place & having a budget in mind. I do think though you’d probably have to at least start w/ the frame/mounting points of a donor tonneau- maybe find a junked one on eBay w/ a tear etc. it’s easy to spend $700-$1000+ on some of the tonneaus....that $$$ should cover some custom upholstery work

I would go to a place that does more marine or custom applications than a furniture or antique restoration shop, & my guess is the material they’d use at one of those shops is superior to what you’d get on your average tonneau

I bet you could rig it to one of the “Velcro” secured types or the button down the easiest

OP
OP
Dustan

Dustan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I looked around and asked a lot of questions but nobody really wanted to take the job. So I bought a $300 dollar heavy duty sewing machine and decided to learn something. It’s not the best but it doesn’t look bad. And it keeps the dust and sun off of everything.7E16F886-42D2-4A64-BE4B-4CFF16BDFB7C.jpeg0E1D29FE-13E0-44B8-B53B-5A5DE65AA957.jpegE2B93084-81F9-45D8-BD8C-948C290B4E2D.jpeg

Traffic22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That came out good, especially for “learning” to sew. Nicely done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Traffic22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The upside of the DIY route is he would have spent $300 easy for work from a shop, now be owns the machine for future upholstery projects.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good job, and an A for effort, just think it could be a bit cleaner looking. You did better than what I'm capable of, but just sayin.......

OP
OP
Dustan

Dustan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good job, and an A for effort, just think it could be a bit cleaner looking. You did better than what I'm capable of, but just sayin.......
I did leave a lot of room for errors on the measurements. If I did it again I would try to make it as tight fitting as possible. I’ll see how this one wears and go for perfection next time