Custom Exhaust Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm planning to install an SVC rear bumper and dovetail my rear fenders but i need a plan for the exhaust first. I'd like to run it back to the corner of the bed and tuck it up as high as possible and get it as close to the back of the truck as possible. I've never done exhaust work before but i am a home fabricator and can cut and weld pipe fairly easily. My question is, is there anything out there to mock up how you want the exhaust to run before you cut/bend any pipe? Is there anything flexible that you can mock up to get an idea of angles and lengths? I've never done exhaust so i was hoping to not have to do a bunch of trial and error with actual exhaust pipe, but maybe just going back after the axle won't be too hard.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
There are a lot of this style of kits out there. This is just the first one I saw.

You are also planning on moving the spare tire into the bed, correct?

OP
OP
Jhollowell

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, the spare is already in the bed. Thats a cool kit but for $750.00 i'd just take it to a shop and let them do it.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I will be installing the KHC exhaust on my Gen 2.

Just looked and they do not have a Gen 1 exhaust listed. Maybe worth a call to see if they have one and just not listed.

Fitzn8er

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Not sure if this is in the right thread or not so I apologize in advance, but had a question. Has anyone installed electronic exhaust cutouts? I'm considering, but before I pulled the trigger, wanted to check difficulty, sound quality, etc. - Thanks