Custom 5 Star Tune with HP Tuners NGauge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have had a couple days running this now, and I love it.

qH7pZMW.jpg

This is the second time I have used 5 Star and they do a great job.

I have only run the 91 race tune so far and it is very impressive. The truck is significantly faster, and I am much happier with the shift points.

The N Gauge is a nice unit and very configurable, it came with a windshield mount I am using for now, but I will mount it better someday when I have time.

I have lost about 0.5 mpg, but I love the power increase. Defeating the auto-start stop permanently without any dash lights is a nice feature as well. Thanks again @5startuning

OP
OP
xrocket21

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you keep the truck in normal? How does it work with the different drive modes?

Sent from my 2017 Raptor using Tapatalk

I mostly drive in normal.

All drive modes work just as they did before, no change there, other than more power and more boost in all modes.

Pulp

Reaction score
Nice! I've never had one of these, is it pretty easy to install/ change gas octane modes in case you cant find a gas station with high octane ratings?

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you feel like you're getting the results that 5star advertises? One other user on here with the 5star tunes had dyno results showing ~20 rwhp gain and ~50 rwtq gain instead of the (noticeably) bigger numbers shown by the vendor.

OP
OP
xrocket21

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you feel like you're getting the results that 5star advertises? One other user on here with the 5star tunes had dyno results showing ~20 rwhp gain and ~50 rwtq gain instead of the (noticeably) bigger numbers shown by the vendor.

Yes, I feel like I am getting proper results.

I saw that other poster, and either he is lying or doing something wrong. I believe he stated he could barely tell a difference on the 91 race tune.

I am running the 91 race tune and it is a significant difference, in power, shift points, etc.

---------- Post added at 07:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 AM ----------

How hard is it to go back to stock if you need to take the truck in for service?

Reflash the stock map and unplug the tuner.

Someone looking hard enough could still tell it was flashed.

dinoone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long did you wait for your tunes? I'm going on 5 days but it's memorial day weekend so I figured I'd wait until Wednesday to email again

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I feel like I am getting proper results.

I am running the 91 race tune and it is a significant difference, in power, shift points, etc.

Right on. I'm not trying to start a forum pissing contest, just trying to reconcile (what appears to be) conflicting results.

I want to say that you've expressed in the past that you intended to do the SPD adapters and the tune... does that describe your current configuration?

Last edited: