Help SupportFord Raptor Forum by donating:

Help support Ford Raptor Forum :

Curious new guy question - Why do I see so many Raptors with aftermarket wheels?

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by Nickshu, May 25, 2019.

1. BangBang

BangBang Full Access Member

I hate concave wheels. I like flat. So I bought flat.

2. Nickshu

Nickshu Member

Thanks for the replies guys. Sounds like it's just personal preference, not some design flaw (other than cosmetics to some) with the stock wheel options. Cheers!

3. Mbdurham

Mbdurham Full Access Member

Personally I really like the look of the OEM 19 bead locks (I don’t like the other option) and made sure I found a truck with them. They are forged and I like the look so will not be swapping. That being said if the current beadlocks weren’t available I’d switch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dust Devil likes this.
  4. mp_tx

mp_tx Full Access Member

The 2017-2018 forged bead lock capable rims are ugly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. two0seven

two0seven Full Access Member

They are now that the 19s are out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. TxRap

TxRap Full Access Member

I much prefer the '17-'18 bead lock wheels to any aftermarket wheels, with the former being forged AL, not having to worry about offset and rubbing.

I think the '19 bead locks look like car wheels.

7. Badgertits

Badgertits Full Access Member

Easy answer- pretty much everyone w/ a gen2 raptor falls into 2 categories- the “gotta have it” latest & greatest guys who simply always have an itch to be in the hottest/“best” ride on the market & the “gear head” utilitarian off-roading do everything group that wants a raptor for the combo of capability & practicality, use it, & always looking to improve upon it.

These 2 demographics comprise the majority of Raptor owners IMHO, & what both groups - & all Raptor paneers really - have in common is relatively deep pockets & a penchant for nice shit.

W/ only 2 wheel
    Choices from the factory & a gazillion places happily supporting the Raptor mod bug swapping wheels is a good way to set your truck apart from the crowd & show you got $$$$ lol

That’s my basic take on it anyhow

8. BangBang

BangBang Full Access Member

I agree! Having a higher disposable income makes it easy to buy a set of wheels. When I changed mine I even changed the spare. The people I bought them through acted like I had I third eye. I just have a thing against not being complete. Having that bastard child under the bed would drive me crazy.

Dust Devil and AGJR10 like this.
  9. Bowewelding

Bowewelding Member

Because the stock ones look like snow flakes and the offset it horrible. I put bead locks on mine at stock width with no offset..the stock forged ones are nice but to bead lock them the wheels end up an inch wider, thus shortening your tire.

10. Blackrapt

Blackrapt Member

I have the bead lock factory ones in the black and silver rim ring. I want to get the lug nuts in black if anyone knows where I can find them. But otherwise I do like the looks and wait until I need new tires and probably buy different ones!