Curious new guy question - Why do I see so many Raptors with aftermarket wheels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nickshu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So now that I have a Raptor of course I notice them on the road all the time now. In my area I have noticed probably more than half of the Gen2 Raptors I see around have aftermarket wheels on the truck.

Aside from simply customizing your truck is there a reason for this? Some issue with the factory wheel options that motivate people to ditch them?

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most people change them because they want a different style wheel and usually aftermarket wheels have a different sizing/backspacing spec to make the trucks stance more aggressive. Also I believe in most cases aftermarket wheels are lighter so that’s a bonus. Also depending your other mods like control arms or brakes you may need an aftermarket wheel for clearance of the other parts.

500mag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some people can't leave well enough alone. Then when they level and mount 37s, they learn that they have to trim the inside of the fenders because of the reduced offset, i.e., wheels are mounted further out.

Simplejack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my after market wheels are lighter and cost less than bead locks. mine came with alloy wheels I wanted the beadlock wheels but people were and still do sell the beadlocks for an arm and a leg, so I said screw it and went aftermarket.

creed

Reaction score
I love my ‘19 Raptor but didn’t care for any of the wheels offered for it by Ford. I thought the up-charge price for the beadlock wheels was too high for what they were and what you were getting. Consequently there are many wheel options out there that are a better than factory. So get whatever you want and whatever you like!

davidl81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the beadlocks, but I do agree with others and I think the standard factory wheels do not look good in the Raptor. There is no silver at all on the trucks, so I don’t t know why the base wheel is silver. Mine came with the silver wheels, but I bought a pull off pair of beadlocks for $800 since I have always been a fan a a stock looking truck.