GEN 2 CSP 21M06 - Unintended Tailgate Opening

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

saym14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I took mine in today for service and the recall… they said they don’t do anything unless I’m already having a problem with it opening inadvertently which makes me a little bit nervous because how do I know that’s not going to happen in the future while I’m driving down the freeway with a bed fall of cargo

OP
OP
gr8scott_o

gr8scott_o

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When it happened to me, it was when my truck was parked.

I caught it the first time because when I put it in reverse, the camera was pointing at my license plate.

OP
OP
gr8scott_o

gr8scott_o

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm... I thought that is normal.
The upside down license plate was all that could be seen. You'll know it if it happens.

Point is, truck was off and parked. I don't know if there are reports of it happening while moving or not.

Tibi Steri

Reaction score
Actually happened to me few months ago to find the tailgate open while the truck was parked in my driveway… At the time I was thinking that I just had a senior moment and started to blame the stress, the coffee, the president and the vice, the gas prices, the inflation, anything but the truck. I assume is one less senior moment for me and one more visit to the stealership… :cool:

Last edited:

ReallyNice

Reaction score
Just got the letter today. I still need to get the front camera recall done so I may see if they can knock out both at the same time. And while it’s there I may have them take a look at my front rotors. They look rough, but feel fine.

saym14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got the letter today. I still need to get the front camera recall done so I may see if they can knock out both at the same time. And while it’s there I may have them take a look at my front rotors. They look rough, but feel fine.
my Ford App showed the recall, when I took it in they said right now they are just inspecting on the 2020 and not doing any repairs. ??

OP
OP
gr8scott_o

gr8scott_o

Full Access Member
Reaction score
90 day update... I was dropping off the truck for an oil change, so figured I would check in on status of the claim.

Walk up to service and talk to the "service advisor" who said "we have no record of us doing anything to your truck on May 31st, nor a record of your claim".

Great.

Me: "You had the vehicle for three days... Here is the text from your dealership telling me it was time to pick it up."

Them: "It's not in the computer... Don't know what to tell you. We'll need to start from scratch."

Sigh. Alright, so now I'm starting from scratch I guess.
Just dropped it off at the local Ford Dealer for the fix. They were very familiar with the issue.

They said they would take pictures and submit claim to Ford, but it didn't sound like it was going to be an issue.

Yay!