GEN 2 CSP 21M06 - Unintended Tailgate Opening

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
gr8scott_o

gr8scott_o

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll try shifting the tonneau cover back a bit so that it functions as you describe, that's not a bad idea. At this point, my confidence in a Ford fix is dwindling, and I'm sick of dealing with a damaged truck. I simply don't use the automatic tailgate drop feature, but I think the issue is the popper itself and I'm guessing that is how the whole tailgate itself opens, so disabling it doesn't gain me anything.

I'll look into the CorrosionX also... Is that one of those Lanolin based products?

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll try shifting the tonneau cover back a bit so that it functions as you describe, that's not a bad idea. At this point, my confidence in a Ford fix is dwindling, and I'm sick of dealing with a damaged truck. I simply don't use the automatic tailgate drop feature, but I think the issue is the popper itself and I'm guessing that is how the whole tailgate itself opens, so disabling it doesn't gain me anything.

I'll look into the CorrosionX also... Is that one of those Lanolin based products?
Its similar, but its not. I runs and seeps much better in my experience.