Cruise control both hands on steering wheel…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Floyd554

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve used mine and have not had to keep “both hands on the wheel”. Just move it ever so slightly when the warning pops up.

Ron Lanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why buy a raptor, if you want it to drive itself ? I enjoy driving mine and I also like to be in control when I drive my truck. JMO....

ScrumHooker

Reaction score
Why buy a raptor, if you want it to drive itself ? I enjoy driving mine and I also like to be in control when I drive my truck. JMO....
Lucky for you all the driver assist technology is optional at this point. For people who don't mind utilizing advances in technology this can be pretty exciting. But hey man, yabba dabba do you :)

Ragnar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lucky for you all the driver assist technology is optional at this point. For people who don't mind utilizing advances in technology this can be pretty exciting. But hey man, yabba dabba do you :)
I recently drove my Father's 21 F-150 and noticed this as well. It is super nice on windy days traveling on the highway as it corrects when the wind pushes the vehicle. It makes driving that much more relaxing when on long trips. If you don't want it, turn the cruise off!! It's pretty simple really. JMO

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The steering wheel is not pressure sensitive and can't tell when your hands are on the wheel. It is looking for steering input. If you lightly move the wheel every 20 seconds or so, you will never get that reminder. That is my experience, at least.

ScrumHooker

Reaction score
I recently drove my Father's 21 F-150 and noticed this as well. It is super nice on windy days traveling on the highway as it corrects when the wind pushes the vehicle. It makes driving that much more relaxing when on long trips. If you don't want it, turn the cruise off!! It's pretty simple really. JMO
Agreed, I appreciate the little nudge every now and then especially on long drives. I remember the first time I felt lane-assist in a CLS 550 and it felt like voodoo magic, but it was also very impressed.
The steering wheel is not pressure sensitive and can't tell when your hands are on the wheel. It is looking for steering input. If you lightly move the wheel every 20 seconds or so, you will never get that reminder. That is my experience, at least.
This has been my experience as well, used the nearly-handsfree almost the entire length of my 350+ mile drive from OH to VA.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You wouldn't think it would require two hands, how would you sip on your low-fat double shot skinny latte?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTRaptor20