Cruise control both hands on steering wheel…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jcc6600

Reaction score
Finally got to use the cruise control. Not sure if anyone has had similar issues. But if both my hands are not on the wheel I get 3 warnings then the cruise shuts off. Only way it stayed on is if both hands are at 10&2!

birdieman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Until Bluecruise is active you have adaptive cruise and lane centering. Once Bluecruise is active it will handle everything, including changing lanes and going around slower moving traffic and exiting. It will primarily be available on major roadways. You will get the same blue steering wheel symbol, but it will say Hands Free.

BlueCruise_Ford-F-150.jpg

wowanothertruck

Reaction score
I experienced the same issue when cruise control and lane keeping are active. It does really well "self driving" until about 30 seconds when the alert shows on the screen if both hands are off the steering wheel. Gives me hope for self driving capabilities in the future.

OP
OP
J

Jcc6600

Reaction score
Yeah I agree it works really nice, but figured it would let you have just one hand on the wheel. Mine wouldn’t stop alerting me until both hands at 10/2

gwdlaw

Reaction score
I have driven my 2021 801A approximately 2000 miles now. Most of it on the highway. When lane centering engages, i can take both hands off the wheel and just give it a slight 1” adjustment (with one hand) when the yellow “keep hands on wheel” warning screen comes up and the truck will continue to drive itself. Way, way better lane keeping system and adaptive cruise than Dodge, Jeep.

WestcampTX

Reaction score
Protip, just wiggle the wheel super slightly every so often. It uses resistance to tell if hands are on the wheel.