CRP Manifolds with Garrett Power Max Turbos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FenixAmmo

Reaction score
FYI - I ordered a set of CRP manifolds and they told me the new design with proper clearances for the Garrett turbos will be available in October-ish. I told them I can wait for the new design since I was planning to do the turbos in late fall anyway. So, I may be one of the first to get it.

OP
OP
J

JCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI - I ordered a set of CRP manifolds and they told me the new design with proper clearances for the Garrett turbos will be available in October-ish. I told them I can wait for the new design since I was planning to do the turbos in late fall anyway. So, I may be one of the first to get it.
I’m stuck using a grinder, which is fine. I’ll have the manifolds ceramic coated after I get done with the surgery. I still haven’t ordered the turbos. I spent too much on a boat earlier this year…

ruey220

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i just checked on crp website they now have spacers which pull the turbos out just a tad to allow them to clear the manifolds.
CR 500117G is the part number.

now the question is will the change in position affect it enough where the hoses are hard to connect or something else will be in the way in the engine bay? i assume even the exhaust position will be in a different place?

OP
OP
J

JCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered the spacers. I managed to find the Garretts for under $2,600 from throtl. I'm a little concerned about what the spacers will do to the oil and coolant lines. I feel like my SPD downpipe with built in 4" flex pipes should be OK.

ruey220

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just ordered the spacers. I managed to find the Garretts for under $2,600 from throtl. I'm a little concerned about what the spacers will do to the oil and coolant lines. I feel like my SPD downpipe with built in 4" flex pipes should be OK.
Do you know whether crp made the spacers as a fix for clearance vs redoing the manifolds or are they still gonna have new manifolds later?

I am hesitant to make a decision on getting a set of manifolds and get the spacers or wait until the new manifolds come.

OP
OP
J

JCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know whether crp made the spacers as a fix for clearance vs redoing the manifolds or are they still gonna have new manifolds later?

I am hesitant to make a decision on getting a set of manifolds and get the spacers or wait until the new manifolds come.
I don't know, but I'm assuming that this is the solution that they have chosen to pursue. Unclear to me that they can change the manifold design to accommodate without losing diameter.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why are you changing the manifold in the first place? I thought garret could clear a stock mani.

OP
OP
J

JCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why are you changing the manifold in the first place? I thought garret could clear a stock mani.
I continue to hear that cylinder pressure is a huge issue with these motors and keeping it in check is key to engine longevity. Changing out the manifolds is a way to alleviate that.