crewcab sub box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the w6 wont fit underneath the seat. thats why we are limited to the 10tw3. it fits under the 1/3 side, does not stick out, and has the proper airspace. the w6 is too deep of a speaker and requires twice the airspace.

BigBOSS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the w6 wont fit underneath the seat. thats why we are limited to the 10tw3. it fits under the 1/3 side, does not stick out, and has the proper airspace. the w6 is too deep of a speaker and requires twice the airspace.

Damn. Guess I'll have to sell it. I haven't read much about the tw series but I'm going to guess the 500/1 is overkill for it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
depends on listening level. for the sq setup, higher on the wattage is better. if you plan on turning up very loud, spl setup, then rms power is highly recommended.

as far as the woofer goes, it is pretty much a w3. just a shallow version. it moves the same amount of air.

BigBOSS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
depends on listening level. for the sq setup, higher on the wattage is better. if you plan on turning up very loud, spl setup, then rms power is highly recommended.

as far as the woofer goes, it is pretty much a w3. just a shallow version. it moves the same amount of air.

Yeah I'll definitely be going SQ this time.. I need my hearing for work. I think I am pretty much done with LOUD lol..

Perhaps I'll sell the 500/1 and 10w6 and get a 250/1 and the 10TW3

hmmm

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
yep. its what i recommend if you are going to play excessively loud for long periods of time. if you werent going to have the volume so loud, you could do a 500-600 watt amp. but remember you run the risk of blowing up the woofer if you push it too hard.

Aggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no 13TW5? :(

I will have to look into this, I really want to upgrade my stereo!

Aggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can fit the 13" but it sticks out from under the seat a couple inches

So when do you want to make a trip to Dallas and install a new stereo system for me?!? I have a shop or we can use TMX's. I am offering up their shop as I want to do a whole build and they can probably accommodate if I buy a whole bunch of crap through them! :pepper::rofl: