crewcab guys, need input.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CaliforniaSVT

Reaction score
Totally excited to see how this box turns out!! Any updates? Im looking to get something similar done to my '13screw, I'm in NorCal out in Discovery Bay. Was happy when I noticed the resident Raptor A/V Guru was in my Area. =D

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Totally excited to see how this box turns out!! Any updates? Im looking to get something similar done to my '13screw, I'm in NorCal out in Discovery Bay. Was happy when I noticed the resident Raptor A/V Guru was in my Area. =D
i am headed to texas in about 5 hours. once i get back from the 5 day trip, i will be focusing on getting it done. you are more than welcome to stop by the shop whenever you are around.

the car stereo company
86 W El Camino Real
Mountain view

CaliforniaSVT

Reaction score
Wow man ur like me, seems like the day before all my trips I get no sleep! lol. Have a safe trip, I work in the peninsula so I'll def swing by once your back in town.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
How do these shallow mount Pioneers stack up to traditional woofers? I'm curious to see if I'd be satisfied with these coming from my current setup with 2 12" RE Audio SE woofers pushed by a 1000 watt Sundown SAE-1000D.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
you wont get the deep bass like you would from a traditional woofer, however, i have not had anyone complain about them either. pioneer did a very good job with these woofers. for the price point, they cant be beat. if you are looking for more bass, then the jl would be the way to go. but being designed for trucks and vehicles with a very limited space, there are very few options.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
quick update. i built a partial box to hold a jl tw3. it came out pretty much flush with the seat. if we were to do a pioneer 12, it might stick out by about 1/2 an inch from under the seat. you can put 2 tw3's with an amp and still have storage space.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
the seat lift would allow for a full sized sub, however, making the box to be an exact fit would mean i would have to purchase one and install it before i got a fiberglass mold.

if you wanted the 12" version, there are a couple things i would like to go over before pricing. pm me you number, and when i get to the shop tomorrow, i will call you. (yeah, im being lazy this week and taking an extra day off)