Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Craven Stubby Install Issue....yes, believe it or not LOL

Discussion in 'Craven Speed' started by Reptar, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Madcowranch

Madcowranch Genetically Modified

Now that I let my Sirius subscription run out I'm putting the stock antennae back on. I can't get jack shit with the stubby.

2. BOJANGLES

BOJANGLES <span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp Supporting Member

Have you compared it back to back with the stock in the same locations? I have, my stubby does not seem to change much

/separate thought/

It surprises me when people expect the same signal quality from a short antenna... When you're out in the sticks you will lose some signal quality with the stubber (and any other antenna), but when you're in a metropolitan area the signal quality is virtually the same.
    In my opinion, the primary benefit to the Stubb is that with the vast array of music listening options available between a Raptor and a smartphone, most Raptor owners aren't listening to am/fm radio.... Hence they don't need/want a long eyesore of an antenna on their truck when their primary sources of audio are Sirius/Pandora/USB/iTunes/CD etc etc etc To each his own, but I know most can agree that the Stubbies are more aesthetically pleasing than the oft unused stock antennae.

3. HahnSolo

HahnSolo Member

Exactly bojangles