Cranks but won't start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks to this forum I now have the kit on order and doing the repair myself. Haven't had any issues on my 13 but I do travel alot so one less thing to worry about.

Five-O Donut Hole

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just had the exact same thing happen with my 2012 tonight. Took 3 times but finally started up. I just had it in th dealer for one of the HID’s that was flickering off and on. They found a corroded wire and repaired it. Headlight works fine again. Could they have jacked anything up running their ‘electronic diagnostic’ when trying to find the headlight issue? Has anyone had that TSB covered by the dealership?

JFDI_17

Reaction score
Just had the starting problem on my 14 Raptor this week, I'll let the shop know about the fuse #27. Thanks all.

Alon

Reaction score
So here is a strange one regarding fuse #27;

my fuse #27 was fried, I replaced it and she fired back up no problems. 2 days later, this morning I go to the truck to warm her up and she wouldn’t fire up. I went ahead and replaced the fuse again, no luck, it’s cranking but not turning over.

now I unplugged the battery to reset the ECU to see if that will solve my problem, but I’m doubting that will solve the problem. Maybe I should get some alcohol and clean off the fuse holder terminal for fuse #27.

I know it’s not the hardware because as soon as I replaced fuse # 27 she fired up and was working fine.

anyone have any ideas how to remedy this interesting but yet confusing situation?

I want to say over the year you guy all have been amazing people rallying together to solve problems, for me personally you all have really helped me out. With the deepest respect, thank you

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can only get by so long changing fuse 27. The problem isn't the fuse or the fuse rating, the problem is the fuse slot itself. The mini fuse slot cannot handle the amperage and over time degrades to the point that it will melt and can cause the truck to catch fire. The relocation kit is what you need.