Crackling rear speaker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Small Town Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My passenger rear door speaker is weak with crackles at lower volumes or high treble. As soon as I put volume or more bass thru it, it seems to clear up and work normally for a period of time.

I discovered the issue when my "doo doo doo" alarm started coming from the cheap sounding speaker behind the dash on a more frequent basis....but not all the time. Some research told me this happens when the system detects a speaker fault and pumps all the alarms thru the backup speaker in the dash.

Putting the fade all the way rear and to the right confirms the issue....crackly and quiet until I ramp up the volume.
I'm under warranty and will be taking it in, but before they start ripping door panels off, I was hoping to get some insight first.

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The doors are VERY easy to remove and can be done in minutes. I've removed all mine and the headliner for sound deadening. That being said, youtube the door panel removal and check your speaker for a bad connection. I believe you can also test it with a multimeter to see if it's in good working order. You could also swap left to right and see if the issue moves with the speaker. Obviously it could be a bad connection between the speaker and the head unit if the new speaker does the same.

Last edited:

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was chasing a scratchy sounds from rear door speakers at low volumes . I ended buying these instead of going through dealer for warranty .Direct bolt in and plug in . These are nice quality and sound decent . Wasn't that hard to install . Rears are just fill sound so they are not that loud .
1631796579534.png