CPO question - 2019 Raptor - I MIGHT buy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
aaron1085

aaron1085

Reaction score
wow. Stellar reply. Exactly what I’m looking for.

Carfax and service history are clean. I ran the information through a friend at another Ford dealer (not where I’m buying it from) - Ford database shows clean, regular service, all recalls up to date.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Honestly, really depends on your intended use. Just around town or as smurf said, raptor stuff.

I bought my Gen 2 with Geisers in the front, Icon in the rear on 37s. Ford dealer didn't say anything about it not being covered under warranty, and sold me a Ford ESP. I switched out from the factory 17s to zero offset 20s and it has been I to the dealer for services. They have not told me that the truck is no longer covered, but haven't needed to use the ESP yet either. I drive 3 hours each way for work and have not had any driveline issues.

If you like the truck and you are getting a good deal, then go for it.

OP
OP
aaron1085

aaron1085

Reaction score
So that’s just it. I have a work car, this will literally be for driving around town to Starbucks and the gym and wife errands. A trip to see family here and there and that’s it.

Selling it for $64,400 and I’d say it’s usually valued around $69k in this market.

As I said, I’m planning a purchase of a Flood Premium Care warranty for around $1800/$1900 to cover the big items should they go.

I plan to sit with the ford tech next week before buying it officially and make sure he feels it’s good to go and I understand some risks.

Great insight on the wiring for the headlights that are not OEM and the insight on the front lift and wheel and tire (ridge grapplers in stock sizing) and associated CV/Axle concerns. Hopefully NONE really … ‍♂️

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
If I had to guess right now, I’d hazard a guess that the truck is probably clean; no signs of imminent failures, etc. she seems pretty tight from pics, so fingers crossed.

dspangler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good morning!

I have found a 2019 with 35,000 miles on it at my local dealer. The deal is pretty decent and my plan is to move forward in the next few days with purchasing it. The dealer told me due to the modifications it cannot be CPO’d

Modifications included:

20” rims and tires
Added fog lights and light bar on grill
Allegedly a Borla exhaust
Allegedly an intake (no brand)
*Pedal commander

They tried to tell me the pedal commander was a computer chip to which I told the service department to simply Google and to spell that myth. I advise them they can unplug it if that makes him feel better and go ahead and refl the computer. With that said, what technically disqualifies a vehicle from being CPO?

If this is the case, my plan was to go to flood insurance and buy an extended warranty but if I can force their hand to CPO it then I think that would make more sense for me.
Definitely stay away from it if they won’t CPO. Also, this is also something you most likely can’t get an extended warranty on. Go get one where you have both.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Huge thanks. Great insights and honestly, probably a better description of the truck from 3 photos than what the dealer has told me.

You’re on the right track with the mechanic review. Get an objective set of eyes on the truck first and make your decision based on actual professional insight. Hopefully, you can give this truck a forever home.