Coyote?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea...I looked into this thing, its 14K starting...**** that! Lol

I'm just gonna break down, buy a tent and everything else...I would look into a trailer, but then you gatta haul it all around, plan your parking...becomes a PITA..I use to rent them from the out door rec, was fun at first, but then became problematic.

A tent is light, compact, and can be put up anywhere. And best of all, its no where near 14K dollars lol

BentToast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
http://www.truckcampermagazine.com/...buts-ford-raptor-and-chevy-avalanche-campers/
Ok. Just found this. Your truck is on thier site now.
DOUBLE DEBUT: Coyote RV Debuts Ford Raptor and Chevy Avalanche Campers
Gordon White | Friday, 09 July, 2010

thumb_coyoteraptor-4.jpg

thumb_coyoteraptor-1.jpg

DEBUT #1: Coyote RV Debuts Custom Ford Raptor Camper

Robby Rowe is up to his usual unusual custom truck camper tricks again. This time a Coyote RV customer requested a special black on black camper to match his black on black 2010 Ford Raptor SVT. The result is one dark and handsome truck camper rig.

The Ford Raptor SVT is designed for the high-speed off-road desert rigors of the Baja 1000 where the truck finished third in it’s class. This may be the first matching the Ford Raptor has had with a truck camper and the combination should make for a very capable off-road rig.

We would really like to see this rig at next year’s Overland Expo. How about it Robby? Bring the Zebra and the Raptor to the Expo!

OP
OP
J

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
probably because the production raptor (5.4 and 6.2) werent exactly in the Baja 1000..more like the raptor R which costs 100K..

granted our trucks share a lot of the same components that were tested in the baja 1000, such as shocks and tranny and for the 6.2 models..its power plant (unmodified version)...but to say a off the shelf raptor finished 3rd in its class...is a stretch..JMHO.

i think this truck is in a class of its own..and it was tested at Anza Borrego (and with current owners, it has been tested on all different types of terrain). i think this truck is made for a lot more than what most people think...which i dont personally think its just a high speed desert pre-runner..its a well rounded offroad truck...does everything well..just its wide stance may hinder it on narrow switch backs..but i have had zero issues while offroading, does it all very well for me.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
probably because the production raptor (5.4 and 6.2) werent exactly in the Baja 1000..more like the raptor R which costs 100K..

granted our trucks share a lot of the same components that were tested in the baja 1000, such as shocks and tranny and for the 6.2 models..its power plant (unmodified version)...but to say a off the shelf raptor finished 3rd in its class...is a stretch..JMHO.

i think this truck is in a class of its own..and it was tested at Anza Borrego (and with current owners, it has been tested on all different types of terrain). i think this truck is made for a lot more than what most people think...which i dont personally think its just a high speed desert pre-runner..its a well rounded offroad truck...does everything well..just its wide stance may hinder it on narrow switch backs..but i have had zero issues while offroading, does it all very well for me.

Thanks Jesse - I didn't realize Rob asked a question that went unanswered for this long.

Good response too!

:rep:

OP
OP
J

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Dan! I hear it all the time how this truck is only made for one purpose...but i have used it on more than one occasion for things other than the desert...although it does that application VERY well! its an awesome truck..plain and simple.

Esquire named it part of their top picks for auto of the year award...actually they picked it "truck of the year" and for it to win the 2010 4x4 of the year for 4Wheel & offroad (with the 5.4L V8 mind you) against some commendable competition (dodge power wagon which has a lot more HP and options) says a ton...cause they tested it on rocky terrain (which the H3T literally broke) That was only but the 2nd time Ford has ever received this award for this category...it wasnt the best desert pre-runner...but the best 4x4 vehicle of the year...thats pretty impressive JMHO.

forgot to add..but the other magazines did terrible comparisons, most tested the raptor on pavement at the time...and thats because they were hard pressed to even find a truck as capable offroad...there is still nothing like it out there, its actually strange to think no other auto manufacturer has answered fords raptor.

OP
OP
J

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL I totally forgot about the raptor killer.....:clap: