Cowl Drainage Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorFan1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it rained heavily overnight on thanksgiving but I've also noticed this while washing the truck. Does anyone else's front-right cowl under the windshield wiper fail to drain? Water pools/collects in this spot for me and doesn't drain at all. Frankly, I don't even see how it would drain or see any drainage holes on this rubber piece. As soon as the truck moves it all blows out so it isn't the biggest of issues but I was just curious if other owners are experiencing the same thing? Is there anything I should be concerned about? I've checked the passenger side floor and feel no moisture or dampness so I don't believe anything is getting into the cabin. This does NOT happen on the left side.

IMG-6315.jpg

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Drill a hole and see what happens, lol, jk, don't! On my gen 1 it pools on the square ribs of the cowl too and like you said, it blows off when you drive. I'm sure it was designed like that as a survival kit by the Ford Engineers. Keep a straw in the glove box, might save your life one day. :favorites37:

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Drill a hole and see what happens, lol, jk, don't! On my gen 1 it pools on the square ribs of the cowl too and like you said, it blows off when you drive. I'm sure it was designed like that as a survival kit by the Ford Engineers. Keep a straw in the glove box, might save your life one day. :favorites37:
It would beat hell out of drinking your own pi ss!