Covp program bypassing allocation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Teghogh

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Seems like orders placed through this program do get picked up and the dealer is given additional allocation for the order.

I know there are lots of unscheduled clean orders that are waiting for 6 months and allocation availability is thought to be the main culprit but I’m not sure anymore.
Last year I ordered 2 identical trx’s. One in May, and the other in sep, exactly 3 months apart and did receive the vin 2 days after placing the order on both which means both orders were picked up by Ram. The later order was delivered in 3 months. The first order took 7 months to get delivered. In the ram world nobody has been able to figure out the logic behind why some orders are given priority over the rest and there are a lot of angry customers still waiting for their May orders to be delivered while late oct orders are hitting dealer lots.

DCM

Reaction score
I have no idea if the COVP had any impact on my 2022 order, but the dealer sent me a copy of the approved COVP from my 10/19/21 order and I received a VIN in December. I never received the order confirmation email from Ford, so I harrassed my dealer a few days later about entering my email and again confirming that I have an allocation. He said he couldn't add my email, but sent me the approved COVP as proof that the order was received by Ford in my name.

Last edited:

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to Ford moderators on blueoval forums...they are saying it bypasses normal dealership allocations rules and allows dealerships to quit playing games. The COVP form will come from Ford again to verify your order and personal info and once verified they will give you VIN and build date.

CigarSmokingZombie

Reaction score
I tried this today and my dealer told me the Raptor is not eligible for COVP. Can someone provide proof their order was picked up this way? I would love to show something to my dealer as proof.

dirtlvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would think the Raptor is a 'specialty unit' and is not eligible per below from the link.

WHAT IS HAPPENING
• The Customer Order Verification Program (COVP) will be opening to all unscheduled orders on all vehicle lines (excluding Mach-E, Bronco and specialty units)

Last edited:

BRRRAPTOR 23

Reaction score
I just asked my dealer about the COVP and was told the program is a way to prioritize customers who ordered a 2021 model vehicle but were actually rolled over into 2022. Apparently it won't help expedite things if you have an order for a 2022 in the system. Bummer..