GEN 2 Costco vs Synergy+ Gas Comparison

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
wmb3

wmb3

Reaction score
I am getting mostly about 15.8 like Pat86B states. In my area in NJ, Costco has the 93 octane fuel at about 2.70 per gallon. But I like to run Shell or BP 93 octane in my Raptor, I gladly pay the premium for Shell or BP as the truck just runs better.
Better than Costco? Performance or mpg?

OP
OP
wmb3

wmb3

Reaction score
I think the OP needs a much larger sample size to make the MPG claims, at least 5 tanks. I don’t doubt that the fuel is better, but MPG on one tank could be a fluke.

I use Fuelly for tracking my daily driver VW Passat TDI, so I can spot trends. Overall MPG since I bought the car is 40.9 mpg. Some might see this mpg as low for a TDI, but I drive mountain grades at 80 mph to and from Phoenix on I-17 weekly.

711389.png
Thanks...I am going to check out that app

OP
OP
wmb3

wmb3

Reaction score
There's no way you were in a position to notice "increased performance" when exercising the driving habits necessary to obtain 17 or 18 MPG city fuel efficiency. Something does not add up here and I'm not buying it. If you had told me "I'm a spirited driver and increased my MPG from 12.3 to 12.5MPG using "X" new fuel; and the truck had a little more pep when doing 60 to 85MPG pulls on the hwy", I'd at least pretend to be interested.
For purposes of the test, I tried to use cruse control as much as possible on my normal routes in WI, IL and MO which are pretty flat. Most of my performance was in passing and merging on the highway. Try the Synergy+ vs your normal fuel. Have you ever tried Costco gas?

skerzz

Reaction score
For purposes of the test, I tried to use cruse control as much as possible on my normal routes in WI, IL and MO which are pretty flat. Most of my performance was in passing and merging on the highway. Try the Synergy+ vs your normal fuel. Have you ever tried Costco gas?

I’m on the west cost so I’m stuck with crappy 91 and use pretty much exclusively Costco gas unless I’m traveling and not near a Costco. I was just doubting you could notice any real performance difference when hypermiling the truck. My regular city driving habits get me around 14mpg on the computer which is really 13.5mpg or so. Driving more aggressively and I don’t even bother computing (12.5-13mpg computer). Best I’ve ever done is 19MPG all highway over an extended 150 mile decline. I can never seem to baby the truck for an entire tank of gas as I eventually cave to the temptation of those turbos :)